Digital TV News: Michael Pauli
Novabase and Entropic launch DTAs to speed analog cable switchoff in Europe
Sep 12, 2014 – Novabase and Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) have announced a portfolio of Digital Transport Adapters (DTAs), powered by Entropic's EN7100-series of set-top box SoCs. The DTAs allow cable subscribers to keep watching their analog TV sets even when connected to an all-digital cable network.
News categories: Entropic, Novabase, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs, Digisoft.tv and Novabase bring VOD to South Africa
Sep 10, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a collaboration with Digisoft.tv and Novabase on a rental service that allows consumers in South Africa to download VOD content at public kiosks via memory stick for playback on a low-cost STB.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digisoft.tv, Novabase, Mustafa Ozgen, Fearghal Kelly, Michael Pauli, Digital TV, Gateway, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, South Africa
Novabase builds system-in-package cable STB with ACCESS STB Labs
Jan 23, 2014 – Novabase Digital TV Technologies and ACCESS STB Labs have announced the development of a SIP-based set-top box for cable operators that supports multiple conditional access systems (CAS).
News categories: Novabase, ACCESS STB Labs, ALi Corp, Sasikanth, Michael Pauli, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Novabase, Entropic develop HDMI IP-set-top box stick with broadcast quality security
Jan 7, 2014 – Novabase and Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) have announced the development of an HDMI IP-based set-top box (IP-STB) stick that supports broadcast quality conditional access security (CAS).
News categories: Novabase, Entropic, Michael Pauli, Roger Gregory, CES2020, Conditional Access, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Novabase selects Sigma Designs SoC and HTTV Open Middleware for IPTV HDMI stick
Jan 2, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Novabase Digital TV Technologies has selected Sigma Designs' SMP8674 media processor for its HbbTV-compliant HDMI-Stick IPTV STB.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Novabase, HTTV, Michael Pauli, Mustafa Ozgen, Regis Saint Girons, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Novabase chooses Sigma Designs media processor for turn-key set top box
Sep 13, 2013 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) has announced that Novabase has selected Sigma Designs' SMP8674 media processor for its next generation of Set Top Box (STB) products.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Novabase, Michael Pauli, Mustafa Ozgen, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
India's InCablenet Deploys Entropic Set-Top Box System-on-a-Chip
Jan 16, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its set-top box system-on-a-chip, the CX2448x, has been deployed by Indian cable multi-system operator InCablenet. InCablenet serves 8.5 million cable-connected TV homes across India.
News categories: Entropic, InCablenet, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications