Digital TV News: Ooredoo
MENA OTT revenues to quadruple
Jul 17, 2017 – Middle East & North Africa OTT TV episodes and movies will generate revenues of $1.75 billion by 2022; more than quadruple the $428 million recorded in 2016. SVOD’s dominance of the sector will grow, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT
Pay TV spending spree in Middle East and North Africa
Apr 11, 2017 – The pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa saw record growth in 2016 despite harsh economic conditions, according to IHS Markit. Pay TV households topped the five million mark for the first time in the region’s history.
News categories: IHS Markit, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers
Ooredoo Oman launches multiscreen TV with Netgem
Mar 28, 2017 – Netgem has been selected by Ooredoo to deploy its multi-screen TV-as-a-service solution in Oman. This agreement is the first deployment of Netgem in the Middle East, and positions the company as vendor of choice in the region.
News categories: Netgem, Ooredoo, Sylvain Thevenot, Johan Buse, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Oman, UX
Ooredoo launches first 4K/UHD channels in the Middle East with Harmonic
Mar 15, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Ooredoo has launched the first 4K TV channels in the Middle East using a next-generation Electra video compression solution for all-IP environments.
News categories: Harmonic, Ooredoo, Ian Graham, Fatima Sultan Al Kuwari, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Qatar
Indosat Ooredoo to bundle iflix OTT service
Apr 27, 2016 – Malaysia-based iflix has partnered with Indosat Ooredoo to deliver TV shows, movies and more from iflix' library to Indosat's customers in Indonesia.
News categories: Indosat Ooredoo, iflix, Digital TV, Indonesia, Mobile, OTT
Ooredoo begins era of 4K entertainment in Qatar
Feb 16, 2016 – Ooredoo has launched Ooredoo tv in Qatar. The service, which will replace Ooredoo’s Mozaic TV, has been designed as an evolution in home entertainment services, combining apps, on-demand and live television in one easy-to-use box.
News categories: Ooredoo, Waleed Al Sayed, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Qatar, Set Top Box
Pay TV growing fastest in the MENA region
Apr 26, 2015 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), 2014 was another year of substantial growth for the pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, with pay TV revenues jumping from €702 million in 2013 to €873 million in 2014.
News categories: IHS Inc, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Tunisia, UAE
Ooredoo launches multiscreen cable TV in the Maldives
Jan 27, 2015 – Ooredoo Maldives has announced the launch of Live TV in partnership with PlayCast Maldives. PlayCast Maldives is providing the service for the first time via Ooredoo 3G+ and 4G LTE network, exclusively to Ooredoo customers.
News categories: Ooredoo, SP Sarathy, Mohamed Fayaz, Cable TV, Digital TV, The Maldives, TV Everywhere
Middle East presents huge growth opportunities for Pay TV industry
Apr 8, 2014 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has announced key findings from its annual Middle East Media Market Monitor. The report estimates that at the end of 2013, 4.35 million households in the MENA region subscribed to at least one Pay TV service.
News categories: IHS Inc, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia