Digital TV News: Telecom Italia
Amazon Prime Video available on TIMVISION’s TIM Box decoder
Dec 4, 2018 – TIM and Amazon have reached an agreement to launch Prime Video on TIMVISION’s TIM Box decoder. In addition to TIMVISION programming, the Android TV decoder enables access to Netflix, DAZN, Eurosport and TIMGAMES as well as Google Play Apps.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Prime Video, Daniela Biscarini, Brett Ballbach, Android TV, Digital TV, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box
US and Asia dominate early 5G adoption
Apr 6, 2018 – CCS Insight has raised its near-term forecast for global 5G connections following impressive progress made by the industry over the past six months. This headway has been accelerated by agreement on standards, trials, deployment of chipsets and infrastructure, and operator commitments to the technology.
News categories: CCS Insight, Kester Mann, 5G, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases Open Caching Working Group specifications
Jul 20, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two new technical specification documents from the Open Caching Working Group. In addition, the Open Caching Working Group has introduced a new sub group for Edge Storage, led by Western Digital.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Western Digital, Jason Thibeault, Enosh Levi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
EU conditionally approves Vivendi's acquisition of Telecom Italia
May 30, 2017 – The European Commission has approved the acquisition of de facto control over Telecom Italia by Vivendi. The decision is conditional on the divestment of Telecom Italia's stake in Persidera.
News categories: European Commission, Vivendi, Telecom Italia, Digital TV, Italy, MnA
Study reveals how smartphones are transforming the TV experience
Dec 15, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the findings of its 'Mobile Video: Exposed' report that explores consumers' perceptions and behaviors around watching video on mobile phones.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Digital TV, Market Research, Multiscreen, Worldwide
Samsung adds Marlin DRM to HbbTV 2.0 Smart TVs for Italy
Oct 18, 2016 – Intertrust and Samsung have announced a partnership that will expand DRM standardization for digital media. Under the agreement, Samsung will ship Marlin DRM software in its HbbTV 2.0-enabled Smart TVs for users in Italy.
News categories: Intertrust, Tivù, Samsung, Talal G. Shamoon, Alberto Sigismondi, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, Italy, Smart TV
Intertrust applauds launch of Tivùon!
Jul 18, 2016 – Intertrust has applauded its partner Tivù for their launch of Tivùon!, Italy’s first open standards-based Internet TV service. Tivùon! provides a unified program guide and catch-up TV services on Internet TV sets and set top boxes.
News categories: Intertrust, Tivù, Talal Shamoon, Alberto Sigismondi, DRM, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box
TIM launches Android TV-based TIMvision decoder
May 26, 2016 – TIM is the first in Italy and among the first in Europe to launch a set-top box running on Android TV. Developed in collaboration with Google, the TIMvision set-top box brings digital entertainment to any home TV set.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Daniela Biscarini, Android TV, Digital TV, Italy, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Streaming Video Alliance releases caching requirements and QoE guidelines
May 12, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance (SVA) has released its Open Caching Systems Functional Requirements and QoE Industry Guidelines, which are the culmination of collaboration and input from the SVA Open Caching and Quality of Experience (QoE) Working Groups.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, Worldwide
- Androidmov Technology unveils IPTV UX software
- Updated specifications for digital distribution of film and TV released
- 2019 predictions from Openwave Mobility
- EU agrees rules to facilitate access to online TV across borders
- 28% of U.S. smart speaker owners use it to control a smart home device
- Consumer IoT to be worth $6.6bn for telcos
- Viaccess-Orca to power Guigo TV live OTT service in Brazil
- Turkcell chooses Metrological to provide TV+ app store
- Wyplay source code powers Telefónica IPTV in Argentina
- EU to investigate acquisition by Vodafone of Liberty Global businesses
- Verizon begins Fios TV One rollout
- Vubiquity and Discover Digital launch VOD with TelOne Zimbabwe
- Telefonica Spain upgrades Movistar+ UI to add Netflix
- Go See TV and Flowplayer launch Shoppable Content Player
- Nordija wins IPTV contract from US fibre operator Ting
- Deutsche Telekom and MediaKind first to stream 6K tiled 360° live sport
- Shanghai sees world's first 4K UHD live broadcast via 5G network slicing
- Freeview NZ PVR combines Freeview features with streaming apps
- Mirada wins contract with Skytel in Mongolia
- 7Park Data tracks path from SVOD viewing to buying on Amazon.com