Digital TV News: Thales
Hispasat 36W-1 satellite due for orbit on January 27
Jan 16, 2017 – HISPASAT has announced that Hispasat 36W-1 (H36W-1) will be put into orbit on January 27. H36W-1 has 20 Ku-band transponders and additional capacity for up to 3 Ka-band transponders over the Iberian Peninsula and the Canary Islands.
News categories: HISPASAT, CDTI, European Space Agency, Elena Pisonero, Juan Carlos Cortés, Xavier Lobao, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, Satellite, Spain
Thales Alenia Space to build Bangabandhu satellite for Bangladesh
Nov 12, 2015 – Thales Alenia Space has announced that it has signed a contract with the Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) to build the Bangabandhu satellite. The satellite will take broadcasting and telecommunication services to rural areas.
News categories: Thales, BTRC, Jean Loic Galle, Md Golam Razzaque, Bangladesh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Arianespace orbits Arabsat-6B and GSAT-15
Nov 11, 2015 – Arianespace has successfully launched two satellites: Arabsat-6B (BADR-7) for the operator Arabsat, and GSAT-15 for ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation). The company's tenth launch of the year took place on November 10 in Kourou, French Guiana.
News categories: Arianespace, Arabsat, ISRO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Middle-East, Satellite
Express AM8 successfully launched
Sep 15, 2015 – The Express AM8 satellite has been successfully launched. Operated by Russian Satellite Communications Company (RSCC) from an orbital slot at 14°W, Express AM8 services will include broadcasting of digital television and radio.
News categories: Thales Alenia Space, RSCC, ISS Reshetnev, Jean-Loïc Galle, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Middle-East, Russia, Satellite
EUTELSAT 8 West B successfully launched
Aug 21, 2015 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has announced that its EUTELSAT 8 West B satellite has been successfully launched into orbit by an Ariane 5 rocket. EUTELSAT 8 West B will enter full commercial service in early October.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
CNES contracts with ST for satellite broadband chipset
Oct 1, 2014 – CNES has signed a contract with STMicroelectronics to develop the ASTRAGAN chipset, which aims to bring satellite fast broadband to users everywhere, including in areas outside those covered by terrestrial fixed and mobile broadband networks.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, CNES, Thales, Broadband, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Europe, France, Gateway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
iSat Africa takes capacity on Yamal-402 satellite for Central Africa
Sep 22, 2014 – Gazprom Space Systems (GSS) has announced that iSAT Africa, a subsidiary of Wananchi, has contracted to use capacity on its Yamal-402 satellite for the provision of services in the Democratic Republic of Congo and other Central African countries.
News categories: Gazprom Space Systems, iSAT Africa, Dmitriy Sevastiyanov, Santosh Sakpal, Africa, Content Distribution, DRC, Satellite
RSCC and Eutelsat Partner on Roadmap for Satellite in Russia
Nov 1, 2012 – RSCC (the Russian Satellite Communication Company) and Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) have announced an agreement whereby Eutelsat will lease capacity for broadcasting and IP services on two RSCC satellites to be launched in 2013 and 2015.
News categories: Eutelsat, RSCC, Content Distribution, Russia, Satellite
UAE grants Al Maisan Satellite Communications a DTH Services License
Aug 10, 2011 – The UAE Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) has awarded Al Maisan Satellite Communications Company (YahLive) a ten-year satellite services license for Broadcasting Satellite Transmission of Services.
News categories: Yahsat, Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, UAE
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV