Digital TV News: Thijs Bijleveld
Vodafone Germany selects Metrological Application Platform
Jan 23, 2019 – Vodafone Germany has chosen Metrological to bring apps and OTT content to the GigaTV platform. Users will have access to OTT services, content and apps integrated into the GigaTV UI via the Metrological Application Platform.
News categories: Metrological, Vodafone, Thijs Bijleveld, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Turkcell chooses Metrological to provide TV+ app store
Dec 12, 2018 – Turkcell (NYSE:TKC) (BIST:TCELL) has chosen Metrological to deliver the integrated Turkcell TV App Store, available to all Turkcell TV+ subscribers. Turkcell will have a unique TV App Store personalized for their TV+ subscribers across Turkey.
News categories: Metrological, Turkcell, Thijs Bijleveld, Baris Zavaroglu, Apps, Digital TV, Turkey
beIN taps Metrological for integrated OTT and app experiences
Jun 5, 2018 – beIN has announced that it has selected Metrological to provide its new integrated TV app experience. The App Store service will be available on beIN’s Hybrid Satellite and IP legacy and new OTT STBs for customers in the Middle East, Turkey and North Africa.
News categories: Metrological, beIN Media, Thijs Bijleveld, Mohammed Al Subaie, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Middle-East, OTT, Set Top Box, Turkey
NOS selects Metrological to deliver integrated OTT experiences
Sep 27, 2017 – NOS is advancing its UMA personalized television experience to the next level with the deployment of Metrological’s Application Platform, WPE (Web Platform for Embedded) browser and WPE cloud architecture.
News categories: Metrological, NOS, Thijs Bijleveld, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Portugal, Set Top Box
Technicolor adopts Metrological browser for 4K cable and IP STBs
Sep 7, 2017 – Metrological has announced that Technicolor is adopting Metrological’s Application Platform and Web-Platform for Embedded (WPE) on the Technicolor 4K Ultra HD hybrid cable and IP set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Metrological, Technicolor, Thijs Bijleveld, Mercedes Pastor, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Tele Columbus deploys Metrological's Application Platform
Jan 26, 2017 – Tele Columbus is deploying Metrological's Application Platform to provide an integrated OTT app experience as part of its recently launched advanceTV entertainment offering. advanceTV is Tele Columbus' next-generation multi-screen video experience.
News categories: Metrological, Tele Columbus, Thijs Bijleveld, Stefan Beberweil, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service