Digital TV News: WIND
Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
May 16, 2019 – Insys Video has announced technology to automate identification of celebrities and inappropriate content in OTT content. Viewers can, for example, find the exact point in the show where a celebrity appears, while nudity and violence can be automatically flagged and blurred.
News categories: Insys Video, Krzysztof Bartkowski, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Cyfrowy Polsat contract pay TV subscribers down 22,000 in 1Q 2019
May 14, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat Group has reported results for the first quarter of 2019. The company finished the quarter with 5.1 million contract pay TV subscribers, down 21,000 versus the end of 2018, and up 93,000 year-on-year. In March 2019 Cyfrowy Polsat introduced its EVOBOX IP set-top box.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Poland, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
40,000 TV subscribers for WIND VISION in Greece
May 10, 2019 – WIND has announced that, one year after launch, its WIND VISION television service now has more than 40,000 subscribers. WIND VISION has Netflix integrated and is the only Android TV subscription platform in Greece.
News categories: WIND, Android TV, Digital TV, Greece, OTT, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Studio Canal deploys NAGRA's NexGuard watermarking
May 7, 2019 – Studio Canal has deployed NexGuard forensic watermarking from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) to protect the international distribution of its content. NexGuard allows Studio Canal to embed a watermark in each pre-release asset.
News categories: NAGRA, Studio Canal, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Jean-Pierre Boiget, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Top three China panel suppliers' combined market share exceeds 40% in Q1
May 6, 2019 – According to WitsView, total TV panel shipments in 1Q 2019 reached 70.02 million units, up 4.2% YoY. As Taiwan, Korean and Japanese manufacturers undergo annual maintenance and ease production pressures by adjusting product sizes, China's panel manufacturers take the lead.
News categories: WitsView, Iris Hu, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Forthnet releases 2018 results
Apr 25, 2019 – Forthnet has announced results for the year ended December 31, 2018. Pay TV subscribers, combining retail and wholesale in Greece and Cyprus, remained steady at 478,000. Collection of viewership data from set top boxes has started via a platform from AdScribe.
News categories: Forthnet, AdScribe, Big Data, Cyprus, Digital TV, Greece, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
U.S. installed base of AR head-mounted devices to reach 6.5m units by 2025
Apr 24, 2019 – Parks Associates research has found that more than 60% of U.S. broadband households are interested in receiving some sort of information enhanced by augmented reality (AR) on a handheld device or headset, with the most popular being navigation information.
News categories: Parks Associates, Kristen Hanich, Market Research, USA, VR
Eros Now strikes distribution deal with TCL in India
Apr 23, 2019 – Eros Now (NYSE:EROS) has announced a partnership with TCL in India. As part of the deal all TCL TVs will come pre-loaded with the Eros Now app, providing customers with access to Eros Now’s extensive content library.
News categories: Eros Now, TCL, Rishika Lulla Singh, Hongwei Li, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Smart TV
Atlantic Broadband brings new TiVo experience to Low Country area of South Carolina
Apr 17, 2019 – Atlantic Broadband has announced that it has launched TiVo's Unified Entertainment System in the Low Country area of South Carolina. The platform features a modern user interface, personalized viewing recommendations and a voice remote.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, TiVo Corp, Heather McCallion, Debbie Eblen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- Rostelecom pay TV subscribers up 3% YoY in 1Q 2019
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul launch Crackle Plus
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers