MWC20 (Mobile World Congress 2020): February 24-27, 2020: Barcelona, Spain
Smart speaker household access grows to 13% of internet users
Feb 20, 2019 – More than 13% of internet users surveyed across the Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States had access to a smart speaker in their households in November 2018 according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Maria Rua Aguete, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, Market Research, MWC20, Smart Home, UK, USA
Cisco releases Mobile Visual Networking Index (VNI) update
Feb 19, 2019 – At the inception of Cisco's Mobile Visual Networking Index more than a decade ago, mobile traffic represented less than 5% of total IP traffic crossing global networks. Today, the role and reliance placed on mobile networking has dramatically increased.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Jonathan Davidson, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, MWC20, Worldwide
Fifty-five live 5G networks expected by end of 2019
Feb 18, 2019 – Viavi Solutions (NASDAQ: VIAV) has revealed industry data demonstrating just how quickly 5G networks are rolling out worldwide, with 55 commercial 5G networks expected to be live before the start of 2020 — the year that 5G was originally expected to debut.
News categories: Viavi Solutions, Sameh Yamany, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, MWC20, Worldwide
Telefónica presents its TV Virtual Experience project at MWC18
Feb 26, 2018 – At Mobile World Congress, Telefónica presented its TV Virtual Experience project, a way of watching TV based on virtual reality. The initiative capitalizes on the full potential of VR technology to access contents from Movistar+ and create 3D worlds.
News categories: Telefónica, Digital TV, MWC20, Spain, VR
CIBN to use RealNetworks' HD codec for its OTT TV apps
Feb 26, 2018 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced that China International Broadcasting Network (CIBN) will launch a commercial trial of RealNetworks' codec, RealMedia HD, on its OTT HD VIDEO app and Stars China mobile app, China TV.
News categories: RealNetworks, China International Broadcasting Network, Rob Glaser, Hense Jiang, Ke Hengzhong, Apps, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, MWC20, OTT
NEOTION to show satellite OTT gateway at MWC 2018
Feb 22, 2018 – NEOTION is showcasing a new product that delivers an OTT experience, broadcast by satellite, to consumers on their mobile devices. The NEOTION Gateway supports up to 50 channels with up to 50 viewers watching each one.
News categories: NEOTION, Lionel BOISSIER, Gateway, Mobile, MWC20, Satellite, Worldwide
Norigin integrates NPAW for ready-made analytics
Feb 14, 2018 – Norigin Media and NPAW (Nice People at Work) have partnered to integrate Quality of Experience (QoE) analytics with Norigin’s multi-screen TV apps SDK. This integration will allow developers to build premium TV apps across devices that would also support YOUBORA’s analytics technology.
News categories: Norigin Media, NPAW, Ajey Anand, Apps, Digital TV, MWC20, NABShow, QoE, Sweden, Worldwide
NEOTION and Tellmeplus embed native AI in secure IoT devices
Feb 14, 2018 – Tellmeplus and NEOTION have announced a partnership to natively embed predictive analytics capabilities into IoT devices. At Mobile World Congress, Tellmeplus and NEOTION will show the benefits of such AI-enhanced secure assets.
News categories: NEOTION, Tellmeplus, Lionel Boissier, Benoit Gourdon, Big Data, MWC20, Worldwide
NTT DATA roll out immersive content with Jaunt's XR Platform
Feb 14, 2018 – Jaunt has announced a partnership with NTT DATA to make the Jaunt XR Platform available to their portfolio of clients. Jaunt’s XR Platform is a white label software solution for the cross-platform distribution of immersive (VR, AR and MR) content.
News categories: Jaunt, NTT DATA, Dominic Collins, Simon Williams, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC20, VR, Worldwide
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0