Austria Digital TV News
Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
Dec 8, 2022 – Paramount+ (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) has launched in Germany, Switzerland, and Austria, following the launch of the service in France on December 1st, completing a year of global expansion with the service now live in 45 markets.
News categories: Paramount+, Marco Nobili, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, Switzerland
Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
Nov 29, 2022 – Deltatre has been selected by Dyn Media to build its new OTT service aimed at sports fans across Germany and the wider DACH region. The streaming platform is due to launch in Summer 2023.
News categories: Deltatre, Dyn Media, Gilles Mas, Andreas Heyden, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, Switzerland
Zattoo app comes to VIDAA-based Hisense and Loewe TVs
Nov 15, 2022 – With the Zattoo app now being available on Hisense and Loewe TV devices running the VIDAA operating system, Zattoo is closing one of the last gaps in the market for access to its service in the DACH region.
News categories: Zattoo, VIDAA, Loewe, Constanze Gilles, Denis Oštir, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Smart TV, Switzerland, TV Everywhere, TV OS
Paramount+ adds more European countries
Oct 18, 2022 – Paramount+ will arrive in France on December 1, followed by Germany, Austria and Switzerland on December 8. Paramount+ will also launch on Sky platforms in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
News categories: Paramount, Marco Nobili, Austria, Digital TV, France, Germany, Switzerland
Bitmovin and University of Klagenfurt to work on climate-friendly video streaming
Oct 6, 2022 – Bitmovin and the University of Klagenfurt have announced that they will collaborate on a two-year joint research project worth €3.3 million to develop a climate-friendly adaptive video streaming platform called 'GAIA'.
News categories: Bitmovin, University of Klagenfurt, Stefan Lederer, Christian Timmerer, Radu Prodan, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
Sep 29, 2022 – Red Bee Media, Nowtilus and Equativ (formerly Smart) have announced the launch of a jointly created FAST offering. High View is the debut customer, distributing the content on LG Smart TVs through LG Channels.
News categories: Red Bee Media, High View, LG Electronics, Nowtilus, Equativ, Steve Nylund, Alexander Trauttmansdorff, Chris Jo, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Streaming, Switzerland
Pay TV and paid video content continue to grow in Germany
Jul 20, 2022 – The market for pay TV and paid video content is continuing to grow not just in Germany, but also in Austria and Switzerland. This is confirmed by a report published by VAUNET, the German Media Association.
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Tim Werner, Elke Walthelm, Hannes Heyelmann, Nicole Agudo Berbel, Henning Nieslony, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Switzerland
Eight operators in Germany and Austria select ocilion
Jul 7, 2022 – Several network operators have selected ocilion's cloud solution to offer their customers TV. With ETN, EWF Connect, FairNetz, Stadtwerke Lengerich, Stadtwerke Rostock and Telepark Passau in Germany are Elektro Pühringer and Luwy TV-IT in Austria.
News categories: ocilion, Hans Kühberger, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Comcast Technology Solutions back-end selected by DT for Magenta TV
Jun 6, 2022 – Comcast Technology Solutions has announced that its Cloud TV Suite is being rolled out as the back-end platform for Deutsche Telekom's Magenta TV. Deployments began in Austria and will be phased across other Deutsche Telekom markets throughout 2022.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Deutsche Telekom, Ken Klaer, Pedro Bandeira, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set