Broadband (xDSL, DOCSIS, WiMax, FTTH, …) News
BrawBand selects Netgem TV to bring fibre and TV bundles to Scotland
Dec 17, 2021 – BrawBand has launched a 200 channel TV offering in partnership with Netgem TV. BrawBand Customers will also have access to Freeview Play in addition to a choice of 'add on' subscription apps, all via a 4K TV Box.
News categories: Netgem, BrawBand, Shan Eisenberg, David Siegel, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Box Broadband launches fibre TV service in UK with Netgem
Dec 15, 2021 – Box Broadband has launched its TV offering through a partnership with Netgem TV. Netgem TV complements the Freeview Play service with extra box sets and movies, and a choice of 'add on' subscription apps via a 4K TV Box and a mobile app.
News categories: Netgem, Box Broadband, Shan Eisenberg, Graham Sargood, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Frontier Communications and YouTube TV announce partnership
Dec 6, 2021 – Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FYBR) has announced a partnership with YouTube TV offering Frontier customers a streaming solution that allows them to cut the cord and still watch premium live and on-demand content.
News categories: Frontier Communications, YouTube TV, John Harrobin, Digital TV, Fibre, Streaming, USA
Pay TV subscribers in Portugal up 3.5% YoY in 1H 2021
Sep 29, 2021 – According to ANACOM, in the first half of 2021, there were 4.3 million subscribers to pay TV in Portugal, 147 thousand additional subscribers (+3.5%) compared to the same period of 2020.
News categories: ANACOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
Sep 15, 2021 – At the FTTH virtual Conference 2021, the FTTH Council Europe released two reports: the latest figures of the FTTH Forecasts for 2021 and 2026 and an overview of fibre deployments in rural areas.
News categories: FTTH Council Europe, Vincent Garnier, Eric Festraets, Europe, Fibre, Market Research
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,230,000 subscribers in 2Q 2021
Aug 17, 2021 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 1,230,000 net video subscribers in 2Q 2021, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 1,505,000 in 2Q 2020.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
5G FWA to exceed 58 million subscriptions in 2026
Aug 11, 2021 – According to ABI Research, 5G Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) will be the fastest-growing residential broadband segment increasing at a CAGR of 71% to exceed 58 million subscribers by 2026.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, 5G, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
Converge launches VISION home entertainment service in the Philippines
Jul 30, 2021 – In partnership with Pacific Kabelnet (PKN), Converge has introduced an add-on service called VISION in the Philippines. VISION comes with an STB called Xperience Box - a full Android, all-in-one entertainment device.
News categories: Converge ICT, Jesus C. Romero, Dennis Anthony H. Uy, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Philippines, Set Top Box
DELTA Fiber expands fiber network to 2 million addresses
Aug 2, 2021 – DELTA Fiber has secured €2 billion for the roll out of the newest generation fiber network, XGS-PON, throughout the Netherlands. DELTA Fiber will grow to 2 million fiber connections in 2025 while offering much higher internet speeds.
News categories: DELTA Fiber, Marco Visser, Fibre, Netherlands
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity