CPE (Consumer Premises Equipment) News
802.11ac to represent nearly 65% of access point shipments in 2016
Feb 2, 2016 – According to ABI Research, 802.11ac adoption in Wi-Fi access points will continue to accelerate in 2016 as more 802.11ac Wave 2 products enter the market, along with the introduction of tri-band access points.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, CPE, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
9 million broadband subscribers with DOCSIS 3.1 by 2017
Jan 28, 2016 – ABI Research has forecast that there will be approximately 9 million broadband subscribers using DOCSIS 3.1 equipment by 2017, representing slightly more than 1% of total fixed broadband subscriptions worldwide.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Sam Rosen, Cable Modem, DOCSIS, Market Research, Subscribers, Worldwide
CableLabs certifies first DOCSIS 3.1 cable modems
Jan 13, 2016 – CableLabs has announced that five cable modem vendors have achieved the first DOCSIS 3.1 certifications. Newly certified products from Askey, Castlenet, Netgear, Technicolor and Ubee Interactive provide cable operators with critical components for a new generation of DOCSIS 3.1 services.
News categories: CableLabs, Phil McKinney, Neil Smit, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, USA
Mariner xVu now monitoring over 30 million devices
Nov 24, 2015 – Mariner has announced significant growth in tier-1 operators using its xVu software, with more than 30 million devices now under management. That's an increase of over 50 percent year over year.
News categories: Mariner, Shaun MacDonald, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
China’s appetite for broadband fuels growth in CPE market
Sep 23, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has raised its outlook for the broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) market. In its September report, the firm has increased its 2019 worldwide broadband CPE forecast by 8%, to US$12.4 billion.
News categories: IHS Inc, Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, 5G, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
DLNA announces 3.0 Certification Program and updated Interoperability Guidelines
Aug 18, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that it has expanded the DLNA Certification Program to give CE manufacturers more options for certifying their products based on how they plan to differentiate them in the market.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Donna Moore, Digital TV, Mobile, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Fiber-optic broadband CPE device shipments to increase 12% in 2015
Aug 13, 2015 – Worldwide broadband CPE shipments are expected to reach 153.6 million by the end of 2015. The DSL broadband device market will mainly be driven by upgrades to higher speed platforms, whilst cable companies are testing transmission using DOCSIS 3.1.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, Khin Sandi Lynn, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Fibre, Market Research, Worldwide
MaxLinear announces Second Quarter 2015 results
Aug 10, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2015 - the first quarterly results reflecting contribution from the acquisition of Entropic. Net revenue for the second quarter was $70.8 million.
News categories: MaxLinear, Kishore Seendripu, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, LNB, Results, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics unveils DOCSIS 3.1 chipset
Aug 4, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced the STiD325 (codenamed Barcelona), its DOCSIS 3.1 chipset for Broadband CPE2 Cable Modems, embedded Media Terminal Adapters (eMTAs), and Gateways, as well as for Video Gateways alongside a set-top-box chipset.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Philippe Notton, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, DOCSIS, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020