CPE (Consumer Premises Equipment) News
Technicolor to acquire Cisco connected devices division
Jul 23, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has entered into an exclusive agreement with Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) to acquire its customer premises equipment (CPE) business for €550 million (or $600 million equivalent) in a cash and stock transaction.
News categories: Technicolor, Cisco Systems, Frederic Rose, John Chambers, Cable TV, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vodafone UK fixed broadband to launch this summer
Jun 10, 2015 – Vodafone UK has launched Vodafone Connect, which will provide broadband and home phone services to customers across the UK later in the summer. Vodafone’s network already reaches exchanges which pass nearly 20 million premises across the UK.
News categories: Vodafone, Jeroen Hoencamp, Cindy Rose, IPTV, Router, UK
Safaricom launches mobile broadband connected STB
May 8, 2015 – Safaricom (NSE: SCOM) has announced the launch of a hybrid set-top box that will enable subscribers to view TV content and share data connectivity. Known as ‘The BigBox’, the STB allows subscribers to use Safaricom's 3G and 4G data network to access content.
News categories: Safaricom, Bob Collymore, Broadband, Digital TV, Kenya, Mobile, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Terrestrial
802.11ac Wi-Fi CPE shipments to hit 71 million units in 2015
Apr 22, 2015 – The consumer Wi-Fi equipment market increased 5% in 2014, surpassing 166.1 million unit shipments, according to ABI Research. Shipments of devices which support the 802.11ac standard represented more than 11% of total access point shipments.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, CPE, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Sequans and Expway deliver LTE Broadcast over Wi-Fi solution
Apr 21, 2015 – Sequans Communications (NYSE: SQNS) and Expway have announced the availability of a new platform for the delivery of LTE broadcast service to an LTE-Wi-Fi router, enabling all devices in range of the Wi-Fi router to receive the LTE broadcast streams.
News categories: Sequans, Expway, Craig Miller, Claude Seyrat, 5G, Middleware, Router, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
ST showcases DOCSIS and C-DOCSIS 3.0 solutions at CCBN 2015
Mar 26, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) will demonstrate its DOCSIS 3.01 solutions at CCBN. ST serves the C-DOCSIS 3.0 market with its gateway System-On-Chip (SoC) Alicante family comprised of the STiD125/127/128.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Coship, Jiuzhou, Philippe Notton, Ken Wang, Yang Zhanbing, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CCBN, China, DOCSIS, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
DOCSIS channel shipments rose to record levels in 2014
Feb 27, 2015 – Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) has reported that DOCSIS channel shipments rose to record levels in 2014 - up 114 percent to 4.8 million worldwide - as cable operators continue to improve their networks to offer services to customers at ever-higher speeds.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable Modem, DOCSIS, Market Research, Worldwide
Broadcom DOCSIS 3.x silicon to support RDK for broadband devices
Jan 7, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its DOCSIS 3.0 and DOCSIS 3.1 ICs support a new open source software stack developed with Comcast. The software will serve as the foundation for a version of the RDK for broadband devices.
News categories: Broadcom, Comcast, Jay Kirchoff, Sree Kotay, CES2021, CPE, DOCSIS, RDK, Semiconductor, USA
Nearly 90 million DOCSIS 3.0 CPE units shipped over last 12 quarters
Jan 6, 2015 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 3Q14 Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. Connected home and multiscreen services continue to proliferate. As a result, an increasing number of video-capable gateways are being shipped globally.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet