Paraguay Digital TV News
IPTV Copaco to launch in Paraguay on December 14th
Dec 5, 2012 – Paraguay's state-owned Compañía Paraguaya de Comunicaciones (Copaco) has announced that it will officially launch its IPTV platform on December 14 in the cities of Concepción and Horqueta.
News categories: COPACO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Paraguay, Set Top Box
December launch for Copaco and Tigo pay TV services in Paraguay
Oct 25, 2011 – Copaco has confirmed that its IPTV service will launch on December 15th in Paraguay. In the same month, Tigo (NASDAQ:MIICF) is expected to launch a digital cable TV service in the Paraguayan city of Lambaré.
News categories: Copaco, Millicom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Paraguay
Netflix Arrives In Latin America And The Caribbean
Sep 5, 2011 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has launched in Brazil and will be launched in 43 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, providing instant and unlimited movies and TV shows streamed to computers, game consoles and other Internet connected devices.
News categories: Netflix, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Caribbean, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, OTT, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
Claro launches satellite DTH service in Paraguay
Jun 12, 2011 – According to La Nación, América Móvil's Claro subsidiary in Paraguay has launched a satellite DTH service in the country. The service consists of 44 channels.
News categories: Claro, Digital TV, Paraguay, Satellite
Anevia Implements Over-the-Top Video on Demand Services for Itacom Customers in Paraguay
Feb 8, 2011 – Anevia has announced that it is has enabled Itacom to successfully deploy an over-the-top (OTT) video on demand service for Paraguay using ViaMotion, Anevia's software-based Internet-protocol (IP) streaming solution.
News categories: Anevia, Itacom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC19, OTT, Paraguay, Set Top Box
Paraguay to begin DTT broadcasting in May
Jan 21, 2011 – Paraguay has presented details of its plan to convert the country to digital terrestrial television with technical assistance from Japan. Initial ISDB-Tb broadcasting will begin on May 14, with the project completing in 2016.
News categories: Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Paraguay, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Tigo to launch pay TV in Paraguay
Jan 6, 2011 – Mobile phone operator Tigo (NASDAQ:MICC) has announced plans to launch pay TV in Paraguay in July this year. The service will initially be offered in the regions of Luque, San Lorenzo, Fernando de la Mora, Lambaré and the capital Asunción.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Paraguay
Paraguay's COPACO to develop IPTV service
Oct 26, 2010 – Paraguay's COPACO (Compañía Paraguaya de Comunicaciones) has announced that it will invest US$ 20 million to develop an IPTV service. The service is targeted for launch at the end of 2011.
News categories: COPACO, IPTV, Paraguay
Claro Launch ROK-Powered Mobile TV Subscription Service in Paraguay
Aug 4, 2010 – ROK Entertainment Group, the mobile technology, applications and services company and Claro, the Paraguayan Mobile Operator, have announced the launch of Web PPV, a streamed, live and on-demand multi-channel mobile TV subscription service.
News categories: ROK Entertainment, Claro, Mobile, Paraguay
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA