Paraguay Digital TV News
Millicom ends 2012 with 558,000 Tigo cable TV customers in Central America
Mar 6, 2013 – Millicom, which operates cable services in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua under the Tigo brand, has reported Financial and Operational Data as at December 31 2012. At the end of the year it had 558,000 cable TV RGUs.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
IPTV Copaco to launch in Paraguay on December 14th
Dec 5, 2012 – Paraguay's state-owned Compañía Paraguaya de Comunicaciones (Copaco) has announced that it will officially launch its IPTV platform on December 14 in the cities of Concepción and Horqueta.
News categories: COPACO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Paraguay, Set Top Box
December launch for Copaco and Tigo pay TV services in Paraguay
Oct 25, 2011 – Copaco has confirmed that its IPTV service will launch on December 15th in Paraguay. In the same month, Tigo (NASDAQ:MIICF) is expected to launch a digital cable TV service in the Paraguayan city of Lambaré.
News categories: Copaco, Millicom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Paraguay
Netflix Arrives In Latin America And The Caribbean
Sep 5, 2011 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has launched in Brazil and will be launched in 43 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, providing instant and unlimited movies and TV shows streamed to computers, game consoles and other Internet connected devices.
News categories: Netflix, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Caribbean, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Streaming, Uruguay, Venezuela
Claro launches satellite DTH service in Paraguay
Jun 12, 2011 – According to La Nación, América Móvil's Claro subsidiary in Paraguay has launched a satellite DTH service in the country. The service consists of 44 channels.
News categories: Claro, Digital TV, Paraguay, Satellite
Anevia Implements Over-the-Top Video on Demand Services for Itacom Customers in Paraguay
Feb 8, 2011 – Anevia has announced that it is has enabled Itacom to successfully deploy an over-the-top (OTT) video on demand service for Paraguay using ViaMotion, Anevia's software-based Internet-protocol (IP) streaming solution.
News categories: Anevia, Itacom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC21, Paraguay, Set Top Box, Streaming
Paraguay to begin DTT broadcasting in May
Jan 21, 2011 – Paraguay has presented details of its plan to convert the country to digital terrestrial television with technical assistance from Japan. Initial ISDB-Tb broadcasting will begin on May 14, with the project completing in 2016.
News categories: Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Paraguay, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Tigo to launch pay TV in Paraguay
Jan 6, 2011 – Mobile phone operator Tigo (NASDAQ:MICC) has announced plans to launch pay TV in Paraguay in July this year. The service will initially be offered in the regions of Luque, San Lorenzo, Fernando de la Mora, Lambaré and the capital Asunción.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Paraguay
Paraguay's COPACO to develop IPTV service
Oct 26, 2010 – Paraguay's COPACO (Compañía Paraguaya de Comunicaciones) has announced that it will invest US$ 20 million to develop an IPTV service. The service is targeted for launch at the end of 2011.
News categories: COPACO, IPTV, Paraguay
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product