Results (quarterly, interim, annual, …) News
Roku provides update ahead of Q1 results
Apr 13, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that due to the broader uncertainties arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, it is providing its shareholders with a brief update in advance of its May 7 earnings call.
News categories: Roku, COVID-19, Digital TV, OTT, Results, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Wurl network reaches 100 million CTVs after year of operations
Mar 12, 2020 – Wurl has announced that it expanded its network to reach 100 million CTVs in nine countries in its first full year of operations. Additionally, Wurl delivered more than 225 million hours of programming and more than 1.2 billion personally targeted ads.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA, Worldwide
Comscore announces measurement agreement with Comcast
Feb 27, 2020 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has reported results for the quarter and full year ended December 31, 2019.The company also announced a measurement agreement with Comcast intended to improve direct measurement of television households across the U.S.
News categories: Comscore, Bill Livek, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, USA
DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
Feb 19, 2020 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending December 31, 2019. The company closed the quarter with 11.99 million Pay-TV subscribers, including 9.40 million DISH TV subscribers and 2.59 million Sling TV subscribers.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
Feb 17, 2020 – Viu (SEHK:0008) has announced that it reached 41.4 million monthly active users at the end of 2019, representing an increase of 35% over 2018. Additionally, video views grew 69% to 5.7 billion year-over-year, supporting growth in its video segment revenue.
News categories: Viu, Janice Lee, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Results, Subscribers
Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
Feb 13, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) has released fourth quarter and fiscal year 2019 results. The company added a record 4.6 million incremental active accounts in Q4 and ended 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts. Player units were up 33% year-over-year.
News categories: Roku, Digital TV, OTT, Results, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
Feb 12, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the quarter to December 31, 2019. The company had Residential Video RGU net losses of -44k in Q4 2019. Altice USA also announced that it is to acquire Service Electric Cable T.V. of New Jersey.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Results, Subscribers, USA
Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
Feb 11, 2020 – Tubi has announced record growth for 2019. In December alone, the company saw its Monthly Active Users (MAU) grow to 25 million and Total View Time (TVT) rocket to over 163 million hours watched – a year-over-year TVT increase of 160%.
News categories: Tubi, Farhad Massoudi, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA
Charter residential video customers down 105,000 in 4Q 2019
Jan 31, 2020 – Charter Communications has reported results for the three and twelve months ended December 31, 2019. Residential video customers decreased by 105,000 in the quarter. At the end of the period, Charter had 15.6 million residential video customers.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
- Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
- TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers