Results (quarterly, interim, annual, …) News
DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
Feb 19, 2020 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending December 31, 2019. The company closed the quarter with 11.99 million Pay-TV subscribers, including 9.40 million DISH TV subscribers and 2.59 million Sling TV subscribers.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
Feb 17, 2020 – Viu (SEHK:0008) has announced that it reached 41.4 million monthly active users at the end of 2019, representing an increase of 35% over 2018. Additionally, video views grew 69% to 5.7 billion year-over-year, supporting growth in its video segment revenue.
News categories: Viu, Janice Lee, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Results, Subscribers
Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
Feb 13, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) has released fourth quarter and fiscal year 2019 results. The company added a record 4.6 million incremental active accounts in Q4 and ended 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts. Player units were up 33% year-over-year.
News categories: Roku, Digital TV, OTT, Results, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
Feb 12, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the quarter to December 31, 2019. The company had Residential Video RGU net losses of -44k in Q4 2019. Altice USA also announced that it is to acquire Service Electric Cable T.V. of New Jersey.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Results, Subscribers, USA
Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
Feb 11, 2020 – Tubi has announced record growth for 2019. In December alone, the company saw its Monthly Active Users (MAU) grow to 25 million and Total View Time (TVT) rocket to over 163 million hours watched – a year-over-year TVT increase of 160%.
News categories: Tubi, Farhad Massoudi, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA
Charter residential video customers down 105,000 in 4Q 2019
Jan 31, 2020 – Charter Communications has reported results for the three and twelve months ended December 31, 2019. Residential video customers decreased by 105,000 in the quarter. At the end of the period, Charter had 15.6 million residential video customers.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Verizon FIOS video subscribers down 51,000 in 4Q 2019
Jan 30, 2020 – Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) has reported fourth-quarter 2019 results. Consumer reported 51,000 Fios Video net losses in the period, reflecting the ongoing shift from traditional linear video to OTT offerings.
News categories: Verizon Communications, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, USA
AT&T U.S. down 1,164k; Vrio up 25k video subs in 4Q 2019
Jan 29, 2020 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the fourth quarter of 2019. Total U.S. video subscribers were down 1.164 million in the quarter with AT&T TV NOW accounting for 219,000 of the losses. For Vrio in Latin America, net subscribers were up by 25,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
Jan 23, 2020 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2019. Over the quarter, at Cable Communications total video customer net losses were 149,000, while at Sky total customer relationships increased by 77,000 to 24.0 million.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic