Digital TV News: 'du'
du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
May 6, 2021 – ATEME has announced that for its OTT platform, du has chosen to use ATEME’s encoder and file transcoder. For du's DTH service ATEME has delivered a headend based on ATEME’s IRD, encoder and statmux.
News categories: ATEME, 'du', Razik Zaghlouli, Saleem AlBlooshi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Streaming, UAE
du teams up with Amazon Prime Video
Oct 18, 2018 – du has signed a distribution agreement with Amazon Prime Video to offer du customers even greater choice in video content. The announcement was made during GITEX Technology Week 2018, where the telco is showcasing its advanced technologies.
News categories: 'du', Prime Video, Fahad Al Hassawi, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming, UAE
Pay TV spending spree in Middle East and North Africa
Apr 11, 2017 – The pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa saw record growth in 2016 despite harsh economic conditions, according to IHS Markit. Pay TV households topped the five million mark for the first time in the region’s history.
News categories: IHS Markit, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers
du launches its TV service on Apple TV
Nov 17, 2016 – du has announced the launch of its TV service on Apple TV through their TV app, du View. du Home customers can get Apple TV and enjoy over 200 live TV channels in addition to hours of TV shows, kids content and movies from du.
News categories: 'du', Apple, Fahad Al Hassawi, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV Everywhere, UAE
Nokia and du demonstrate 4K 3D 360 VR using 5G-ready network
Oct 16, 2016 – Nokia and UAE-based telecommunications service provider du, used Nokia AirScale Radio Access to showcase 360 degree virtual reality (VR) video streaming for the first time in the Middle East at GITEX 2016 in Dubai.
News categories: Nokia, 'du', Bernard Najm, Saleem AlBlooshi, 5G, Metaverse, UAE
Omantel to offer IPTV based on du's technology platform
Oct 21, 2015 – du has announced that it has signed an IPTV partnership agreement with Omantel, Oman’s largest telecom operator. Through the tie up, Omantel will be able to launch IPTV in its local market using du’s IPTV platform.
News categories: 'du', Omantel, Osman Sultan, Talal Said Marhoon Al Mamari, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Oman
du to provide Akamai CDN services to Saudi Arabia's Selevision
Jan 21, 2015 – du and Akamai have announced that Selevision has selected the companies’ content delivery services to support over-the-top delivery of its channels throughout the MENA region. du will provide CDN services from Akamai to Selevision.
News categories: Akamai, 'du', Selevision, Soeren Lindkvist, Fahad Al Hassawi, Dr. Raed Khusheim, Content Distribution, Saudi Arabia, Streaming
du to deploy Nokia IMS to enhance multimedia services
Jun 18, 2014 – du has signed a contract with Nokia to deploy its IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS). With the deployment, du’s customers will soon enjoy enhanced multimedia services such as HD voice, HD video, file sharing and instant messaging.
News categories: Nokia, 'du', Saleem Al Balooshi, Tony Awad, Content Distribution, IPTV, UAE
du first to launch 3D TV for all its customers in the MENA region
Jun 1, 2010 – du has become the first company in the MENA region to offer 3D TV for all its customers. All du TV customers can now watch 3D TV on channel 699 under the basic TV package.
News categories: 'du', Digital TV, IPTV, Metaverse, UAE
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery