Digital TV News: 'du'
du TV+ to launch in UAE with Microsoft Mediaroom
Jul 15, 2009 – du plans to launch high-definition IP television services in the UAE next month. The new 'du TV+' service is powered by Microsoft Mediaroom, and features digital recording and VoD, as well as HDTV.
News categories: Microsoft, 'du', Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UAE
UAE's du invests AED 100 Million to upgrade network infrastructure
May 31, 2009 – du, the UAE's integrated telecom service provider, has upgraded its IP-based core network to 40 Gbps. For residential customers, this upgrade will enable du to offer IPTV with enhanced capabilities like HD, VoD and instant channel change.
News categories: 'du', Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, UAE
Latens secures du IPTV service as it grows to 50,000 subscribers
Oct 30, 2008 – Latens has announced that the 'du' IPTV service, secured by Latens IPCAS, has grown to over 50,000 subscribers. UAE-based du offers an innovative, multilingual IPTV service catering to the tastes of different nationalities and cultures.
News categories: Latens, 'du', Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers, UAE, Video Exchange
Alcatel-Lucent becomes supplier and network integrator of IPTV solution for du in UAE
Nov 12, 2007 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that it has signed a frame agreement with du, the UAE's second telecom operator, for its upcoming Internet protocol television (IPTV) deployment based on the award-winning Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV and multimedia platform.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Microsoft, 'du', Olivier Picard, Christine Heckart, Osman Sultan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, UAE
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying