Digital TV News: ABS
United Cloud selects Verimatrix for mobile app protection
Sep 13, 2023 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that United Cloud will deploy Verimatrix Extended Threat Defense (XTD) technologies to strengthen protections for its EON TV-branded TV 2.0 platform.
News categories: Verimatrix, United Cloud, Asaf Ashkenazi, Sergej Berisaj, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Vestel to make DVB-I compatible Smart TVs available in Italy
Sep 14, 2023 – Vestel has announced it will make available in Italy the first televisions compatible with DVB-I standards, allowing Italian broadcasters to test the market for a Smart TV offering.
News categories: Vestel, Mediaset, Baris Altinkaya, Alberto Bruno, Digital TV, Italy, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
U.S. consumers cutting streaming services to save money
Aug 23, 2023 – Parks Associates has released analysis of the video services landscape showing that the average annualized subscriber churn rate for U.S. streaming video services stands at 47%.
News categories: Parks Associates, Sarah Lee, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Virgin Media unveils FAST channels powered by Amagi and 24i
Aug 23, 2023 – Amagi, in collaboration with 24i, has announced that Virgin Media has used its integrated solution to launch and monetize a new line-up of themed FAST channels on Virgin TV.
News categories: Amagi, 24i, Virgin Media, Srinivasan KA, Donald McGarva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Brazil and Mexico outpace U.S. in CTV adoption
Aug 17, 2023 – The latest edition of Amagi's Quarterly Global FAST Report reveals a surge in CTV adoption rates in Brazil (94%) and Mexico (93%), outpacing the U.S. where adoption is at 80.6%.
News categories: Amagi, Baskar Subramanian, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Newco to launch FAST channels in Brazil with Amagi and AD Digital
Aug 11, 2023 – Amagi and AD Digital have partnered with Newco to launch and distribute Newco's FAST channels. The channels – New Brasil and Empreender – will launch on Samsung TV Plus' TVP Brazil platform.
News categories: Amagi, AD Digital, Newco, Srinivasan KA, Daniela Souza, Paulo Saad, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
SBT launches FAST channel with Amagi and AD Digital
Aug 7, 2023 – Amagi has announced that Sistema Brasileiro de Televisão (SBT) has partnered with Amagi and AD Digital to launch, distribute and monetize its first FAST channel, TV Zyn.
News categories: Amagi, AD Digital, SBT, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Amagi and TCL partner on FAST in the U.S.
Jul 13, 2023 – Amagi has been selected by TCL to support TCL TV in the US, delivering FAST channels to the platform via an end-to-end service covering streaming, distribution, and monetization.
News categories: Amagi, TCL, Srinivasan KA, Mark Zhang, Haohong Wang, Content Distribution, Digital TV, North America, Streaming
Silverpush acquires Vidgyor
Jul 11, 2023 – Silverpush has announced the acquisition of Vidgyor. Vidgyor's ad-insertion technology enables the replacement of broadcast ads with targeted video ads on streaming platforms.
News categories: Vidgyor, Silverpush, Mahaboob Khan, Hitesh Chawla, Advertising, Digital TV, India, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set