Digital TV News: ARRIS Group
Global set-top box market to top $46bn by 2027
Aug 14, 2017 – The set-top box market is anticipated to witness robust growth during 2017-2027. According to Future Market Insights, the APEJ set-top box market is expected to have the highest growth rate over the period.
News categories: Future Market Insights, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ARRIS to restructure after Pace acquisition
Feb 17, 2016 – In an SEC filing, ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has said that, as part of the integration activities related to the recently completed acquisition of Pace plc, the company will be restructuring certain operations.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Set Top Box, USA
ABI Research names Ericsson video middleware market leader
Nov 11, 2015 – ABI Research has named Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) the leading global video middleware vendor in their recent competitive assessment covering Middleware, Conditional Access, and DRM.
News categories: Ericsson, ABI Research, Elisabetta Romano, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Set-top box market to hit $24 billion by 2022
Oct 20, 2015 – According to Transparency Market Research, the global set-top boxes market is expected to reach a value of US$ 24.00 Bn by 2022. The market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period from 2015 to 2022.
News categories: Transparency Market Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
TDS selects ARRIS MOXI Whole Home solution
Oct 12, 2015 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that TDS Telecommunications is currently deploying the ARRIS MOXI Whole Home Solution in 11 key markets in the southwestern U.S. to give subscribers a personalized multi-room experience for browsing and accessing their entertainment.
News categories: ARRIS Group, TDS Telecom, Bob Noonan, Shane West, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
China’s appetite for broadband fuels growth in CPE market
Sep 23, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has raised its outlook for the broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) market. In its September report, the firm has increased its 2019 worldwide broadband CPE forecast by 8%, to US$12.4 billion.
News categories: IHS Inc, Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, 5G, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Telefónica deploys ARRIS IPTV set-top box
Sep 11, 2015 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that Telefónica has selected its VIP1113 set-top to deliver IPTV services—including HDTV, TV everywhere, on-demand, and OTT services—to its Movistar+ TV customers. Movistar+ is already deploying the VIP1113.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Telefónica, Steve McCaffery, Pablo Guaglianone, Digital TV, IBC, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain
Fiber-optic broadband CPE device shipments to increase 12% in 2015
Aug 13, 2015 – Worldwide broadband CPE shipments are expected to reach 153.6 million by the end of 2015. The DSL broadband device market will mainly be driven by upgrades to higher speed platforms, whilst cable companies are testing transmission using DOCSIS 3.1.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, Khin Sandi Lynn, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Fibre, Market Research, Worldwide
Windstream selects ARRIS Wireless Video Gateways and Set-Tops
Aug 4, 2015 – Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) is deploying NVG343 residential gateways and VIP Series IP set-tops from ARRIS Group (NASDAQ: ARRS) to power its Kinetic television service. Kinetic is available to more than 50,000 homes in Lincoln, Nebraska.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Windstream, Keith Kelley, Bryan Brooks, Digital TV, Fibre, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform