Digital TV News: Accel
Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
Aug 2, 2022 – While the global video streaming industry kept growing in the first half of 2022, each individual service continued losing playtime per user as competition between platforms increased. That's the main conclusion of NPAW's Video Streaming Industry Report H1 2022.
News categories: NPAW, Ferran G. Vilaró, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
Aug 3, 2022 – Simulmedia has renewed its partnership with TiVo which will help ensure that Simulmedia’s TV+ platform continues to provide marketers with audience planning, targeting and activation capabilities across ad-supported channels in the U.S.
News categories: Simulmedia, TiVo, Dave Morgan, Fariba Zamaniyan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
Aug 3, 2022 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2022. Altice finished with 2,574,200 residential video RGUs, down 85,000 in the quarter, compared to a loss of 48,000 in Q2 2021.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
Jul 29, 2022 – Liberty Global and Telefónica, together with InfraVia Capital, have agreed to set up a JV that will roll out FTTH across the UK. The partnership will initially roll out fibre to homes not currently served by Virgin Media O2.
News categories: Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital, Mike Fries, José María Alvarez-Pallete, Vincent Levita, Content Distribution, Fibre, UK, Venture Capital
HISPASAT Peru unites streaming and DTH delivery with Harmonic
Jul 26, 2022 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that HISPASAT Peru is using Harmonic's cloud-native platform to power white-label streaming and DTH broadcast services. Harmonic's solution streamlines media processing, delivery and maintenance.
News categories: Harmonic, HISPASAT, Diego Scillama, Javier Izquierdo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Peru, Satellite, Streaming
ORANGE and MÁSMÓVIL sign agreement to combine operations in Spain
Jul 23, 2022 – The joint venture between MASMOVIL and ORANGE will create a sustainable player with the financial capacity and scale to continue investing to foster the future of infrastructure competition in Spain for the benefit of consumers and businesses.
News categories: ORANGE, MÁSMÓVIL, Christel Heydemann, Meinrad Spenger, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Spain
Disney Advertising expands deal with The Trade Desk
Jul 12, 2022 – Disney Advertising and The Trade Desk have reached an agreement to enable the integration of Disney's Audience Graph with the open-source identity framework, Unified ID 2.0, within a secure environment.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Rita Ferro, Tim Sims, Aaron LaBerge, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Synamedia acquires Quortex
Jul 12, 2022 – Synamedia has acquired Quortex, a privately-held cloud video delivery platform provider. With the acquisition, Synamedia adds solutions for content processing, disaster recovery and live events.
News categories: Synamedia, Quortex, Julien Signes, Marc Baillavoine, Ben Keen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
Universal Electronics launches new voice remotes for RDK
Jul 12, 2022 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ:UEIC), at the 2022 RDK Tech Summit, has announced the release of two new voice remotes for RDK. The remotes will work with any RDK Accelerator set-top box
News categories: Universal Electronics, Steve Gutman, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes