Digital TV News: Accel
CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
Mar 30, 2023 – CDNetworks has announced a partnership with Vietnam Satellite Digital Television (VSTV K+) to bolster VSTV's OTT business using CDNetworks' content delivery network (CDN) and video streaming capabilities.
News categories: CDNetworks, VSTV, Nguyen Manh Toan, Nguyen Minh Duc, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Vietnam
24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
Mar 30, 2023 – 24i has partnered with Amagi to offer FAST channel providers a rapid route to launching their own apps and expanding their services to offer AVOD and SVOD alongside their existing live and linear streams.
News categories: Amagi, 24i, SEGI.TV, Baskar Subramanian, Dr. Neale Foster, Edward Sylvan, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
Mar 28, 2023 – iWedia has announced that INNOPIA has deployed iWedia's Android TV Custom Launcher in set-top boxes for Thamizhaga Cable TV Communication Limited (TCCL) in India.
News categories: iWedia, INNOPIA, TCCL, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Dr. Hee Won Park, Nagamanickam, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box, UX
LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
Mar 28, 2023 – LiveU has joined the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN) after successful completion of the AWS Foundational Technical Review (FTR) process for its cloud video workflow solution.
News categories: LiveU, Amazon Web Services, Gideon Gilboa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
Mar 22, 2023 – Bitmovin and MainStreaming have partnered to integrate Bitmovin’s Live and VOD Encoder, Player, and Analytics solutions with MainStreaming's CMS and global media delivery network.
News categories: Bitmovin, MainStreaming, Dave Rushton, Antonio G. Corrado, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
Mar 21, 2023 – IDC has lowered its forecast for AR/VR headset shipments in 2023. Despite the revision, total shipments are expected to grow 14% in 2023 and accelerate over the 2023-2027 period with a five-year CAGR of 32.6%.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Ramon T. Llamas, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
Mar 18, 2023 – The SES-18 and SES-19 satellites were launched on March 17th as part of the FCC's program to clear C-band spectrum in support of the deployment of 5G services across the contiguous U.S.
News categories: SES S.A, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
Mar 15, 2023 – The DVB has approved the publication of BlueBook A176r3, an update of the DVB-MABR specification, and BlueBook A181r1, an update to the implementation guidelines for the specification.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
Mar 14, 2023 – Ateme has announced that it has completed the AWS ISV Accelerate program, a co-sell program for independent software vendors providing software solutions that run on or integrate with AWS.
News categories: Ateme, AWS, Yohann Guilloux, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Software, Worldwide
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV