Digital TV News: Accel
Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
Sep 27, 2023 – Videotex has become one of India's largest manufacturers of webOS Hub TVs, with a market share of over 85%. The brand has an over 50% market share in the smart TV ODM space.
News categories: Videotex, Arjun Bajaj, Digital TV, India, Results, Smart TV, TV OS
LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
Sep 19, 2023 – LG Electronics (LG) has shared its first step to become a media and entertainment platform company. LG shared its new direction and strategy at the webOS Partner Summit 2023 in Seoul.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126
Sep 15, 2023 – Sercomm (TWSE: 5388) has announced the availability of Stiletto, the company's latest turnkey STB solution for RDK, the first RDK Video Accelerator solution based on Broadcom's BCM72126.
News categories: Sercomm, Broadcom, Amir Mobini, Lewis Brewster, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, IBC2023, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NAGRA launches multi-DRM service on AWS Marketplace
Sep 15, 2023 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its multi-DRM solution, a core module of the company’s Active Streaming Protection framework, is now available via a SaaS pricing model on AWS Marketplace.
News categories: NAGRA, AWS, Sebastian Kramer, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
Tata Elxsi and Ateme offer pre-integrated FAST deployment solution
Sep 13, 2023 – Tata Elxsi has announced an alliance with Ateme to deliver a pre-integrated FAST channel deployment solution, combining Tata Elxsi's OTT delivery platform with Ateme's SSAI technology.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Ateme, KP Sreekumar, Ahmed Swidan, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Project launched to improve entertainment metadata management and delivery
Sep 13, 2023 – Fabric is collaborating with IMDb, FOX, Paramount, ITV, EIDR and Xperi on the Authenticated Data Specification (ADS) Accelerator Project, aiming to improve the management and delivery of accurate metadata for content.
News categories: Fabric, Tuncay Pervaz, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Worldwide
MainConcept combines immersive advertising with encoding efficiency
Sep 13, 2023 – MainConcept has announced it will showcase its new codec-based, server-side ad-technology at IBC. The technology allows personalized, overlay ads to be embedded into streams, at scale.
News categories: MainConcept, Thomas Kramer, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
Quickplay teams with Google Cloud on generative AI
Sep 13, 2023 – Quickplay is partnering with Google Cloud to use generative AI to create opportunities for consumer engagement, satisfaction and monetization for the media and entertainment industry.
News categories: Quickplay, Google Cloud, Paul Pastor, Juan Martin, Kip Schauer, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
CTS launches cloud-based managed channel origination service in EMEA
Sep 13, 2023 – Comcast Technology Solutions (CTS) has launched a cloud-based Managed Channel Origination service for customers in EMEA, combining Sky's infrastructure and operations with the capabilities of CTS.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Sky, Bart Spriester, Fraser Stirling, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2023, Middle-East
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029