Digital TV News: Advanced Television Systems Committee
Fórum SBTVD selects ATSC 3.0 physical layer for Phase 3 field testing
Nov 20, 2023 – The ATSC has announced that the SBTVD Forum has selected the ATSC 3.0 physical layer as one of two technologies to advance from Phase 3 lab testing to Phase 3 field testing.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, SBTVD Forum, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Philadelphia television stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Aug 10, 2023 – Six television stations - KYW-TV, WPSG-TV, WPVI, WCAU-TV, WTXF-TV and WUVP-TV - have launched NEXTGEN TV, based on ATSC 3.0 broadcast standards, in Philadelphia.
News categories: Pearl TV, LTN, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
6G-Datacast.tv launches mobile ATSC 3.0 receiver at NAB 2023
Apr 14, 2023 – 6G-Datacast.tv has launched a mobile ATSC 3.0 receiver offering connectivity through Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as well as via USB. The company will be demonstrating the receiver at NAB 2023.
News categories: CEA Group, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Peripherals / Accessories, USA
Avanci one-stop licensing platform for ATSC 3.0 launched
Mar 7, 2023 – Avanci has launched Avanci Broadcast, a patent licensing platform for the ATSC 3.0 broadcasting standard, offering a simple pricing model for manufacturers that implement the technology.
News categories: Avanci, Kasim Alfalahi, Ilkka Rahnasto, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, USA, Worldwide
Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
Feb 6, 2023 – Tolka is the first ATSC 3.0 software vendor to power devices entering the NEXTGEN TV trademark certification process. The Tolka software stack will reside on ADTH-branded receivers planned for introduction later this year.
News categories: Pearl TV, Tolka, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, Dr. Bob Campbell, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Peripherals / Accessories, USA
NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
Jan 31, 2023 – Six television stations in Boston have launched NEXTGEN TV. The stations are: WUNI (Univision; channel 27); WCVB (ABC; channel 5); WFXT (FOX; channel 25); GBH (PBS; channel 2); WBZ (CBS; channel 4) and WBTS (NBC; channel 10).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Theodore Stoner, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
Jan 18, 2023 – The Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago has announced the adoption of ATSC 3.0 as the standard for free-to-air digital terrestrial television (DTT) in the country.
News categories: Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Regulation, Trinidad and Tobago
Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Jan 5, 2023 – Miami TV viewers can now experience the future of broadcasting as four stations join together to launch NEXTGEN TV. Viewers have available four OTA channels: WTVJ, WSCV, WFOR and WLTV. WPBT will participate as a test service.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
ATSC 3.0 services now live in 66 U.S. markets
Jan 3, 2023 – At CES, the ATSC will be showing receivers that are in development for the U.S. and international markets. New ATSC 3.0 products and services will be shown by Gaian Solutions, Hewlett Packard, Pearl TV and Sinclair Broadcast Group.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, CES2024, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024