Digital TV News: Allegro DVT
Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
Jan 21, 2020 – Allegro DVT has introduced compliance test bitstreams for the Versatile Video Coding (VVC) video standard. The VVC test bitstreams provide coverage of all syntax elements, branches, conditions and equations of the specification.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
Oct 16, 2019 – Allegro DVT has announced the acquisition of Amphion Semiconductor. The acquisition combines the capabilities of Allegro DVT's advanced video codec IPs with Amphion's silicon proven video decoder IPs.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Amphion Semi, Nouar Hamze, Stephen Farson, Digital TV, France, MnA, Silicon IP, UK, Worldwide
AVS3 compliance test suite available from Allegro DVT
Jul 25, 2019 – Allegro DVT has introduced the first compliance test suite for AVS3, China's latest video coding standard. The test suite helps silicon vendors and device manufacturers validate their decoder implementations using proven test streams.
News categories: Allegro DVT, AVS Working Group, Nouar Hamze, Wen Gao, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Allegro DVT introduces real-time AV1 encoder IP for 4K/UHD video
Apr 18, 2019 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its AL-E210 multi-format video encoder hardware IP which adds support for the new AV1 video format developed by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia). The AL-E210 is built on Allegro DVT's multi-core architecture.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allegro DVT launches multi-format video encoder IP for 4K/UHD
Nov 28, 2018 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of AL-E200, a new generation of video encoder IPs built around a higher performance architecture. The AL-E200 uses an enhanced single-core hardware architecture that enables encoding of UHD/4K resolutions.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allegro DVT introduces HDR and HFR system compliance streams
Oct 16, 2018 – Allegro DVT has announced the addition of High Dynamic Range (HDR) and High Frame Rate (HFR) functionalities to its DVB HEVC System test suite for UHDTV. The tool allows TV and CE manufacturers to test their devices for enhanced video capabilities.
News categories: Allegro DVT, ATSC, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Allegro DVT releases Full Compliance Test Suite for the AV1 codec
Sep 12, 2018 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its AV1 compliance streams following the public release of the AOMedia Video Codec 1.0 (AV1) specification by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) on March 28th, 2018.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Alliance for Open Media, Nouar Hamze, Media Player, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Montage Technology licenses Allegro DVT video encoder IP for STB ICs
Oct 17, 2017 – Allegro DVT has announced that Montage Technology has licensed Allegro DVT's AL-E100 multi-format H.264/AVC and H.265/HEVC encoder IP for integration into its next-generation set-top box (STB) products.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Montage Technology, Pierre Marty, Gene Liu, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Anyka Micro selects Allegro DVT multi-format video encoder IP
Feb 21, 2017 – Allegro DVT has announced that Anyka Microelectronics has licensed Allegro DVT's multi-format H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC and JPEG encoder IP for its next-generation System-on-Chips (SoCs) targeting a wide range of end markets.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Anyka Microelectronics, Pierre Marty, Dr. Norman Hu, China, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform