Digital TV News: Allegro DVT
Allegro DVT launches hardware-based VVC/H.266 decoder silicon IP
Jul 1, 2021 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its AL-D320 video decoder semiconductor IP core supporting the latest Versatile Video Coding (VVC/H.266) format. The core also supports H.264 and HEVC.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allegro DVT releases extended encoder and decoder IP variants
Mar 10, 2021 – The explosion in processing demands for video codecs in emerging verticals such as cloud gaming and automotive is pushing sample sizes from 8-bit to 10- and 12-bit and chroma sampling from 4:2:0 to 4:2:2 and 4:4:4.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gaming, In-Car, Silicon IP, Streaming, Worldwide
Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
Oct 29, 2020 – Allegro DVT has announced that Realtek Semiconductor has selected Allegro DVT’s test streams to ensure compliance of Realtek’s products with the emerging VVC video compression standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Realtek, Nathalie Brault, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Taiwan, Worldwide
Allegro DVT announces 8K video decoding IP family
Oct 1, 2020 – Allegro DVT has announced the release of its AL-D3x0 family of multi-format 8K60 video decoder IPs. The cores are configurable supporting a variety of codecs such as JPEG, H.264, HEVC, VP9 and AV1.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
Apr 2, 2020 – Allegro DVT has announced the release of its AL-D21x family of video decoder IPs which adds support for the AV1 video format. This addition complements Allegro DVT’s previously announced AV1 video IP encoding solutions (AL-E21x).
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nathalie Brault, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
Jan 21, 2020 – Allegro DVT has introduced compliance test bitstreams for the Versatile Video Coding (VVC) video standard. The VVC test bitstreams provide coverage of all syntax elements, branches, conditions and equations of the specification.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
Oct 16, 2019 – Allegro DVT has announced the acquisition of Amphion Semiconductor. The acquisition combines the capabilities of Allegro DVT's advanced video codec IPs with Amphion's silicon proven video decoder IPs.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Amphion Semi, Nouar Hamze, Stephen Farson, Digital TV, France, MandA, Silicon IP, UK, Worldwide
AVS3 compliance test suite available from Allegro DVT
Jul 25, 2019 – Allegro DVT has introduced the first compliance test suite for AVS3, China's latest video coding standard. The test suite helps silicon vendors and device manufacturers validate their decoder implementations using proven test streams.
News categories: Allegro DVT, AVS Working Group, Nouar Hamze, Wen Gao, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Allegro DVT introduces real-time AV1 encoder IP for 4K/UHD video
Apr 18, 2019 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its AL-E210 multi-format video encoder hardware IP which adds support for the new AV1 video format developed by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia). The AL-E210 is built on Allegro DVT's multi-core architecture.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated