Digital TV News: Altibox
Altibox selects VisualOn to deliver video to Apple TV app
Sep 12, 2018 – VisualOn has announced that it is now providing Altibox's end users with the ability to stream video using Apple TV. VisualOn’s Onstream Apple TV solution enables Altibox to use the same MPEG-DASH and Playready flow on tvOS as on Android and iOS.
News categories: VisualOn, Altibox, Yang Cai, Jarle Johnsen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Norway, Set Top Box, Streaming
Anevia acquires Keepixo
Mar 6, 2018 – Anevia has announced an agreement to acquire video compression software expert Keepixo. Specialising in the development of video compression software for TV operators, Keepixo’s solutions enable live or near-live broadcasts for multiscreen TV.
News categories: Anevia, Keepixo, Damien Lucas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, NABShow, Worldwide
Sixty integrates Ease TV with Huawei Envision
Sep 7, 2017 – Sixty has announced that it has integrated its Ease TV user interface framework with Huawei Envision. Ease TV uses the Huawei Envision Open API to provide a powerful and flexible hybrid video solution for operator customers.
News categories: Sixty, Huawei, Kjetil Horneland, Martin Chen, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, UX
Altibox deploys Mediamorph content flow platform
Aug 30, 2017 – Altibox has implemented Mediamorph’s cloud-based platform to power the VOD Value Chain for its TV on-demand services (TVOD, EST, and SVOD). Altibox was looking for a solution to manage its storefront content and costs more effectively.
News categories: Mediamorph, Altibox, Rob Gardos, Hans-Bjarne Solheim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway
Sixty attracts investment to fund future growth
Jul 24, 2017 – Sixty has announced that it has raised 26 million NOK in total from Alden AS, Vanguard Invest AS and Mowinckel Management AS. Sixty will use the investment to further develop its product portfolio and to fund expansion in geographical reach and personnel.
News categories: Sixty, Kjetil Horneland, Digital TV, Norway, Set Top Box, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Sixty delivers UX for next generation Altibox set-top
Mar 27, 2017 – Altibox and Sixty have announced that Sixty has been working on a design and development project to support the May 2017 launch of the next generation Altibox set-top solutions.
News categories: Sixty, Altibox, Kjetil Horneland, Thomas Skjelbred, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, Set Top Box, UX, Video Exchange
Altibox to use Sixty for STB UI development
Mar 14, 2016 – TV experience company Sixty has announced that it has signed a strategic partnership with Altibox which will see Sixty apply its expertise and experience to support the development of Altibox’s latest generation set-top box (STB).
News categories: Sixty, Altibox, Kjetil Horneland, Øyvind Lundbakk, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box, UX
Pace preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2013
Mar 4, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced its results for the year ended 31 December 2013. STB and Media Server revenues were up 8.4% to $1,979.6m in 2013, driven by demand for Media Servers in H1 2013 in North America and a number of new deployments in H2 2013.
News categories: Pace plc, Gateway, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Norway's Altibox selects Pace Whole Home solution
Oct 22, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it is to provide a full whole home solution to Altibox, the Norwegian triple-play service provider. The deal involves the deployment of the complete Pace software and hardware platform.
News categories: Pace plc, Altibox, Shane McCarthy, Nils Arne Bakke, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden