Digital TV News: Altice
Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
Jan 18, 2022 – Ampersand has announced that it has become the exclusive seller of Altice USA's national Addressable inventory and will also integrate aggregated STB data insights from two million Altice households into its AND Platform.
News categories: Ampersand, Altice USA, Nicolle Pangis, Kevin O'Reilly, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
Nov 18, 2021 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. – representing about 93% of the market – lost about 650,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2021, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 90,000 in 3Q 2020.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 67,000 in 3Q 2021
Nov 4, 2021 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the period ended September 30, 2021. Altice finished with 2,803,000 residential video RGUs, down 67,000 in the quarter, compared to a loss of 86,000 in Q3 2020.
News categories: Altice USA, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
Oct 18, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) and Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) have made a deal for the continued distribution of ViacomCBS' broadcast, entertainment, news and sports networks to Altice's Optimum and Suddenlink customers.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Altice USA, Ray Hopkins, Yossi Benchetrit, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
Oct 14, 2021 – According to Dataxis, the pay TV market in Europe is expected to slowly recover from the blow it suffered during the pandemic. Pay TV revenues in Europe should reach €33 billion in 2025, eventually topping its 2019 level.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
Sep 20, 2021 – Altice France has entered into an exclusivity agreement to acquire 100% of Coriolis S.A. Coriolis is a French independent Telecom group, offering mobile and fixed telecom services to more than 500 thousand customers.
News categories: Altice France, Coriolis, Grégory Rabuel, Pierre Bontemps, France, MandA
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,230,000 subscribers in 2Q 2021
Aug 17, 2021 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 1,230,000 net video subscribers in 2Q 2021, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 1,505,000 in 2Q 2020.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
Jul 28, 2021 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2021. Residential quarterly video net losses were 48k in Q2 2021 compared to 35k video net losses in Q2 2020.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
U.S. pay TV loses over 18 million subscribers between 2014 and 2020
Jul 8, 2021 – Parks Associates estimates that between 2014 and 2020, the US pay TV industry lost over 18 million subscribers. Pay TV operators are thus seeking alternatives to traditional pay TV for their consumer services arsenal.
News categories: Parks Associates, Kristen Hanich, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers