Digital TV News: Atheros
Sigma Designs Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2013 Results
Mar 13, 2013 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its fourth fiscal quarter and fiscal year ended February 2, 2013. Net revenue for fiscal year 2013 was $216.6 million, an increase of $34.0 million, or 18.6%, from $182.6 million in the previous year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Sigma Designs Launches New EasyTV™ Dongle With Wireless Display at CES
Jan 7, 2013 – Sigma Designs® (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that they will be launching its EasyTV Dongle reference design at CES. EasyTV enables users to access multimedia on their cellphone, tablet or laptop and share it on a large screen or projector.
News categories: Sigma Designs, CES, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Qualcomm Atheros Announces Skifta Engine for Networking Device Manufacturers
Jun 5, 2012 – Qualcomm Atheros (NASDAQ: QCOM) has announced the launch of its Skifta™ Engine application, offering OEMs software that can either be preloaded or added on to devices for media shifting to and from DLNA and UPnP devices inside and outside the home.
News categories: Atheros, Apps, Gaming, Media Player, OTT, Router, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone
Sigma Designs Launches Feature-Rich SoC for Mainstream Media Players
Jun 5, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the release of its SMP8674 media processor. The SMP8674 can be configured to address multiple markets including hybrid IPTV Set-Top Boxes, OTT streaming players and WiDi and Wi-Fi display receivers.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Qualcomm Atheros Launches TDMA Software and EoC Return-Path Chipset for Set-Top Boxes
Mar 20, 2012 – Qualcomm Atheros (NASDAQ: QCOM) has announced optimized time division multiple access (TDMA) software for Ethernet-over-Coax (EoC) applications and Qualcomm Atheros' first entry-level EoC solution, the QCA6411 chipset, for Chinese MSOs.
News categories: Atheros, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Gateway, ICs, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Sigma Designs Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2012 Results
Mar 7, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year ended January 28, 2012. Net revenue for the quarter was $35.6 million, down 10% from the previous quarter, and down 50% from the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs and Qualcomm Atheros to Demonstrate Development Platform for Wi-Fi Display at CES 2012
Jan 12, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a joint Wi-Fi Display/DLNA IPTV reference design with Qualcomm Atheros (NASDAQ: QCOM). The design enables connected media players to receive video wirelessly using the Wi-Fi Display™ standard.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Atheros, CES, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
ViXS Systems Collaborates with Qualcomm Atheros to Develop Home Network Media Gateways
Jan 10, 2012 – ViXS is collaborating with Qualcomm Atheros (Nasdaq: QCOM) to deliver an n-Screen Home Multimedia Gateway platform that can distribute multiple HD quality streams across mobile and fixed screen devices on any of the widely used home networks.
News categories: Atheros, ViXS Systems, CES, Home Server, Semiconductor, Smart Home
HomePlug® Powerline Alliance Announces AV2 Specification for Broadband Speeds over Powerline Wires
Jan 9, 2012 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced the availability of the HomePlug AV2 specification. This new HomePlug technology enables significant performance and coverage for broadband networking over powerline wires.
News categories: Powerline Alliance, Smart Home
- Proximus selects Velocix CDN to scale Pickx
- JW Player first with support for Open Measurement video ads
- Magnite finds 91% of TV viewers in LatAm watch streaming TV weekly
- Broadpeak CDN selection tool available in AWS Marketplace
- Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
- XroadMedia powers search and recommendations at Delta Fiber Nederland
- Rakuten TV to roll out 20 channels on Samsung TV Plus
- 75% of TVs sold in Germany in Q1 were UHD capable
- SoftAtHome deploys Disney+ on Orange France STBs
- ZEASN announces content monetization partners for WhaleLive
- Innovid enables programmatic interactive CTV ad buying at scale
- Bitcentral enables Dynamic Ad Insertion for Cowles Broadcasting on NewsON
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026