Digital TV News: Bitmovin
Bitmovin and Accedo power TV New Zealand sports streaming
Sep 11, 2023 – Bitmovin has partnered with Accedo to help Television New Zealand (TVNZ) bring sports content to viewers across New Zealand, using state-of-the-art video streaming technology.
News categories: Accedo, Bitmovin, TVNZ, Michael Lantz, Stefan Lederer, Kym Niblock, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming, UX
Streaming technology vendors pre-integrate workflows with Edgio
Sep 11, 2023 – Edgio, Accedo, Bitmovin, Grabyo and Vimond have announced an integration covering the entire streaming tech stack – from content production, personalization and distribution to UX and monetization.
News categories: Edgio, Accedo, Bitmovin, Grabyo, Vimond, Eric Black, Apps, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming
RÚV guarantees playback quality with Bitmovin
Jul 26, 2023 – RÚV has chosen to deploy the Bitmovin Player and Analytics to guarantee quality playback on the widest range of devices and monitor and fine tune the performance of each stream.
News categories: Bitmovin, RÚV, Stefan Lederer, Bragi Reynisson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, QoE, Streaming
Bitmovin playback analytics complement Amazon IVS metrics
Jul 19, 2023 – Bitmovin has announced Bitmovin Analytics, offering playback health analytics to complement the existing analytics available with Amazon Interactive Video Service (Amazon IVS).
News categories: Bitmovin, Amazon Web Services, Stefan Lederer, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
May 23, 2023 – Insys Video Technologies and Bitmovin have partnered on a solution to stream live content and secure videos with Cloud DRM, by integrating Insys' Cloud Video Kit with the Bitmovin Player.
News categories: Insys Video, Bitmovin, Piotr Czekała, David Rushton, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
Bitmovin and Akamai to debut CMCD solution at NAB Show 2023
Apr 5, 2023 – Bitmovin has partnered with Akamai on a solution using Common Media Client Data (CMCD) to help minimize the cost of errors that occur due to the siloes between video players and CDNs.
News categories: Bitmovin, Akamai, Stefan Lederer, Will Law, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
Mar 22, 2023 – Bitmovin and MainStreaming have partnered to integrate Bitmovin’s Live and VOD Encoder, Player, and Analytics solutions with MainStreaming's CMS and global media delivery network.
News categories: Bitmovin, MainStreaming, Dave Rushton, Antonio G. Corrado, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
Mar 15, 2023 – Bitmovin has announced that ORF has implemented the Bitmovin Player, allowing it to stream content across the broadest range of devices with the highest quality viewer experience.
News categories: Bitmovin, ORF, Stefan Lederer, Harald Kräuter, Austria, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming
43% of UK consumers have cancelled a video streaming subscription
Oct 26, 2022 – Bitmovin has unveiled research revealing that 57% of Brits have not cancelled a streaming service despite the cost of living crisis. Value for money and availability of favourite content are keeping consumers subscribed.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming