Digital TV News: Bitmovin
Bitmovin releases 2020/2021 Video Developer Report
Sep 30, 2020 – Bitmovin has revealed the results of its fourth annual 'Video Developer Report' showcasing the current state of the video/streaming/OTT industry along with challenges being faced by video developers and the latest trends.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Bitmovin and Teleport Media upgrade streaming capabilities of Okko
Aug 27, 2020 – Bitmovin has partnered with Teleport Media to provide technology to Okko, one of the largest VOD services in Russia. Bitmovin and Teleport Media expertise and tools will allow Okko to upgrade its streaming services.
News categories: Bitmovin, Teleport Media, Okko, Chris Milne, Andrei Klimenko, Yana Bardintseva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Russia
Bitmovin adds Dolby Vision HDR to it transcoding solution
Apr 23, 2020 – Bitmovin has announced support for Dolby Vision, Dolby’s HDR 4K video format. Bitmovin will integrate Dolby’s technology into its transcoding solution to enhance the 4K viewing experience via streaming.
News categories: Bitmovin, Dolby, Stefan Lederer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
Apr 7, 2020 – 24i has announced that Topic, an entertainment streaming service from First Look Media, has chosen 24i to power its streaming video experience across topic.com, Apple TV and iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV and Roku.
News categories: 24i, Topic, First Look Media, Martijn van Horssen, Ryan Chanatry, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
Nov 12, 2019 – The European Investment Bank (EIB) is providing financing of up to €20 million to Bitmovin. The project will allow Bitmovin to strengthen its R&D and product development team in Austria and support investments in sales and marketing.
News categories: Bitmovin, EIB, Stefan Lederer, Andrew McDowell, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finance, Worldwide
Switch Media adds Bitmovin video player to its MediaHQ product suite
Jun 19, 2019 – Switch Media adds Bitmovin Video Player to its MediaHQ product suite. The first product to market using the Bitmovin Player technology is Freeview Australia’s Freeview FV Web which gives viewers access to TV using their online browser.
News categories: Bitmovin, Switch Media, Freeview Australia, Stefan Lederer, Luke Durham, Australia, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT
Fincons announces partnership with Bitmovin
Apr 8, 2019 – Fincons Group has announced a partnership with Bitmovin. The objective of the two businesses is to leverage their combined strengths to deliver innovative and future-proofed products, tailored solutions and services to the market.
News categories: Fincons Group, Bitmovin, Francesco Moretti, Oliver Botti, Stefan Lederer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
OSN chooses Bitmovin Encoding for its WAVO streaming service
Apr 8, 2019 – Bitmovin has announced that OSN has selected Bitmovin Encoding to offer video content to subscribers of its video streaming service, WAVO. OSN adopted Bitmovin Encoding because of its rich feature set and API approach to building its platform.
News categories: Bitmovin, OSN, Stefan Lederer, Dave Mace, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT
Bitmovin partners with Akamai to offer advanced video encoding
Apr 4, 2019 – Bitmovin has announced that it has been qualified as a video transcoding partner by Akamai. Akamai has worked closely with Bitmovin since first announcing its plans to retire its Media Services on Demand (MSOD) transcoding service.
News categories: Bitmovin, Akamai, Stefan Lederer, Jon Alexander, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box