Digital TV News: Bitmovin
Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
Mar 22, 2023 – Bitmovin and MainStreaming have partnered to integrate Bitmovin’s Live and VOD Encoder, Player, and Analytics solutions with MainStreaming's CMS and global media delivery network.
News categories: Bitmovin, MainStreaming, Dave Rushton, Antonio G. Corrado, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
Mar 15, 2023 – Bitmovin has announced that ORF has implemented the Bitmovin Player, allowing it to stream content across the broadest range of devices with the highest quality viewer experience.
News categories: Bitmovin, ORF, Stefan Lederer, Harald Kräuter, Austria, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming
43% of UK consumers have cancelled a video streaming subscription
Oct 26, 2022 – Bitmovin has unveiled research revealing that 57% of Brits have not cancelled a streaming service despite the cost of living crisis. Value for money and availability of favourite content are keeping consumers subscribed.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Bitmovin and University of Klagenfurt to work on climate-friendly video streaming
Oct 6, 2022 – Bitmovin and the University of Klagenfurt have announced that they will collaborate on a two-year joint research project worth €3.3 million to develop a climate-friendly adaptive video streaming platform called 'GAIA'.
News categories: Bitmovin, University of Klagenfurt, Stefan Lederer, Christian Timmerer, Radu Prodan, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Intigral selects Bitmovin and Diagnal to deliver superior viewing experiences
Jun 13, 2022 – Bitmovin has announced that it has partnered with Diagnal to help Intigral deliver video streams to Jawwy TV and Dawri Plus subscribers in the MENA region. Intigral is using the Bitmovin Player integrated with Diagnal's front-end app development technology.
News categories: Bitmovin, Intigral, Diagnal, Stefan Lederer, William Sharp, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, Middle-East, Streaming
U.S. OTT subscribers prefer unified bundles
Apr 21, 2022 – Parks Associates research reveals that 59% of OTT subscribers prefer one bill and one account for all their home subscription services, while 48% feel their home internet service provider adds more value when online video services subscriptions are offered.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Streaming, USA
Sony's share of U.S. Smart TV purchases grew in 2021
Apr 20, 2022 – According to Parks Associates, out of the top five U.S. brands, Sony showed clear growth, compared to 2020, for smart TVs purchased or received in the previous six months, pushing the brand past Vizio and into the top three for purchases in Q3 2021.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
70% of US broadband households have at least one streaming video device
Jan 6, 2022 – Research from Parks Associates shows that nearly 70% of US broadband households now own at least one streaming video product that is connected to the internet and fifty-six percent now own a smart TV.
News categories: Parks Associates, Bitmovin, Paul Erickson, James Varndell, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
Jun 22, 2021 – Bitmovin has announced that VuClip has deployed scalable video encoding with Bitmovin on Google Cloud. VuClip delivers on-demand entertainment to over 42 million monthly active users in emerging markets.
News categories: Bitmovin, VuClip, Google Cloud, Stefan Lederer, Praveen Singh, Kip Schauer, Africa, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Middle-East, Streaming
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV