Digital TV News: Bitmovin
Bitmovin adds Dolby Vision HDR to it transcoding solution
Apr 23, 2020 – Bitmovin has announced support for Dolby Vision, Dolby’s HDR 4K video format. Bitmovin will integrate Dolby’s technology into its transcoding solution to enhance the 4K viewing experience via streaming.
News categories: Bitmovin, Dolby, Stefan Lederer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
Apr 7, 2020 – 24i has announced that Topic, an entertainment streaming service from First Look Media, has chosen 24i to power its streaming video experience across topic.com, Apple TV and iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV and Roku.
News categories: 24i, Topic, First Look Media, Martijn van Horssen, Ryan Chanatry, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
Nov 12, 2019 – The European Investment Bank (EIB) is providing financing of up to €20 million to Bitmovin. The project will allow Bitmovin to strengthen its R&D and product development team in Austria and support investments in sales and marketing.
News categories: Bitmovin, EIB, Stefan Lederer, Andrew McDowell, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finance, Worldwide
Switch Media adds Bitmovin video player to its MediaHQ product suite
Jun 19, 2019 – Switch Media adds Bitmovin Video Player to its MediaHQ product suite. The first product to market using the Bitmovin Player technology is Freeview Australia’s Freeview FV Web which gives viewers access to TV using their online browser.
News categories: Bitmovin, Switch Media, Freeview Australia, Stefan Lederer, Luke Durham, Australia, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT
Fincons announces partnership with Bitmovin
Apr 8, 2019 – Fincons Group has announced a partnership with Bitmovin. The objective of the two businesses is to leverage their combined strengths to deliver innovative and future-proofed products, tailored solutions and services to the market.
News categories: Fincons Group, Bitmovin, Francesco Moretti, Oliver Botti, Stefan Lederer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
OSN chooses Bitmovin Encoding for its WAVO streaming service
Apr 8, 2019 – Bitmovin has announced that OSN has selected Bitmovin Encoding to offer video content to subscribers of its video streaming service, WAVO. OSN adopted Bitmovin Encoding because of its rich feature set and API approach to building its platform.
News categories: Bitmovin, OSN, Stefan Lederer, Dave Mace, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT
Bitmovin partners with Akamai to offer advanced video encoding
Apr 4, 2019 – Bitmovin has announced that it has been qualified as a video transcoding partner by Akamai. Akamai has worked closely with Bitmovin since first announcing its plans to retire its Media Services on Demand (MSOD) transcoding service.
News categories: Bitmovin, Akamai, Stefan Lederer, Jon Alexander, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
iflix selects Bitmovin to deliver HD experience to mobile subscribers
Apr 10, 2018 – Bitmovin has announced that iflix will use Bitmovin encoding to enable the delivery of TV shows, movies and sport in high definition video over low bandwidth mobile networks across the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
News categories: Bitmovin, iflix, David Godfrey, Emmanuel Frenehard, Africa, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Mobile, NABShow, OTT
Bitmovin applies AI to video encoding
Mar 27, 2018 – Bitmovin has announced the launch of Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered encoding, speeding up processing and enabling service providers to deliver improvements in video quality. AI-enabled encoding will be demonstrated by Bitmovin at NAB Show 2018.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers