Digital TV News: Boxee
VOD market to reach $77.7 billion by 2024
May 23, 2017 – The global Video on Demand (VoD) market is expected to reach $77.7 billion by 2024, according to Ameri Research. Swelling demand for VoD programming including long and short term content is a major factor driving market growth.
News categories: Ameri Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Amino launches TV App store - powered by Opera - at IBC 2013
Sep 13, 2013 – Amino Communications (AIM: AMO) is to partner with Opera Software in the delivery of the Amino TV App Store for its Live Home Media Centre - powered by Opera Software's Opera TV Store application platform, and providing hundreds of free apps.
News categories: Amino, Opera Software, Donald McGarva, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, IBC2022, IPTV, Set Top Box
Changhong integrates Opera Devices SDK
Sep 10, 2013 – Opera Software has announced that Changhong will integrate the Opera Devices Software Development Kit (SDK) with its latest line of Smart TVs. This gives Changhong viewers a passport to hundreds of apps through the Opera TV Store.
News categories: Opera Software, Changhong, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Smart TV
Opera expands in China TV market with Konka
Sep 6, 2013 – Opera Software and Konka have announced that the Opera TV Store app platform, Opera TV browser and Opera Devices Software Development Kit (SDK) have now landed on Konka's newest Smart TV.
News categories: Opera Software, Konka, Apps, China, Digital TV, IFABerlin, Middleware, Smart TV
TiVo adds Opera Software to Roamio
Aug 29, 2013 – Opera (OSEBX:OPERA) and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced a technology integration to enhance the power of web technologies on TiVo devices with the Opera Devices SDK, as well as open up the world of HTML5 TV apps through the Opera TV Store.
News categories: Opera Software, TiVo Inc, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Sigma and Boxee create cloud-based DVR, OTT and Premium platform for television OEMs
Jan 7, 2013 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that they have teamed up with Boxee to make it plug-and-play easy for manufacturers to embed Boxee's software with Cloud-based DVR, Internet applications and social TV guide inside their televisions.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Boxee, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming
StreamGuys PassKey secures OTT and Online Media
Nov 12, 2012 – Broadcasters and online media publishers seeking stronger protection for valuable streaming media content, including OTT video services, have a new choice on the market as StreamGuys introduces its enhanced SGPassKey solution for customers worldwide.
News categories: StreamGuys, Content Protection, Streaming
Boxee launches Boxee TV with Cloud-DVR
Oct 16, 2012 – Boxee has announced a new device, Boxee TV, that will be available in the US this November. It brings together Live TV, Internet Apps and a Cloud DVR. The device is based on a chipset from Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM).
News categories: Boxee, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
Boxee Brings Comcast to Negotiations over Basic Tier Encryption
Jun 28, 2012 – Due to an FCC filing from Comcast, IMS Research has learned that Boxee appears to have brought Comcast to the negotiating table over basic-tier encryption, and has apparently won everything it was looking to get.
News categories: IMS Research, Boxee, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management