Digital TV News: CI Plus LLP
MOST to use CI+ for in-car protected content distribution
Oct 6, 2015 – The MOST Cooperation has released its latest MOST Stream Transmission Specification that includes support for the MOST CI+ Interim License Agreement. CI+ will allow a MOST network to transport protected content using Digital Transmission Content Protection (DTCP).
News categories: MOST Cooperation, CI Plus LLP, Henry Muyshondt, Laurent Molac, Content Protection, Digital TV, In-Car, Worldwide
DVB unveils features of forthcoming DVB-CI Plus specification
Sep 13, 2013 – At IBC, DVB will unveil its work incorporating the latest version of CI Plus Extensions (V1.4) into the forthcoming DVB-CI Plus specification. The upcoming standard will enable IPTV to be delivered directly to the TV, without the need for a set-top box.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter Siebert, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2023, Smart TV
SmarDTV SmarCAM successfully completes CI Plus v1.3 certification
Aug 9, 2012 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its SmarCAM-3.5 Conditional Access Module has passed CI Plus v1.3 certification. In addition, Digital TV Labs has made a custom development based on the SmarCAM for the official CI Plus Test Tool.
News categories: SmarDTV, Digital TV Labs, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2023, Set Top Box, Smart TV
DVB Approves Commercial Requirements For CI Plus V1.4
Nov 28, 2011 – DVB has approved the Commercial Requirements for CI Plus v1.4. The requirements add two main features: support for dual-stream operation with a single module, intended for a dual-tuner PVR host, and support for DRM protected IP-delivered content.
News categories: DVB Project, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
CI Plus Specification Benefits From HD MHEG Upgrade In Version 1.3
Jan 26, 2011 – The International MHEG Promotion Alliance has welcomed the launch of version 1.3 of the CI Plus standard. v1.3 conformance will become mandatory for new receivers integrating CI Plus no later than the 1st of August 2012.
News categories: CI Plus, IMPALA, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
IMPALA Welcomes New Advanced CI Plus Conformance Test Including MHEG Browser
Sep 7, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has welcomed the news of a new, advanced CI Plus (CI+) test tool for ensuring compatible receivers conform to the latest specification.
News categories: IMPALA, CAM, MHEG-5
Viaccess announces CI Plus support with Neotion at IBC 2009
Sep 11, 2009 – Viaccess (Paris and NYSE: FTE) and Neotion have announced their support for Common Interface+ (CI Plus) on Conditional Access Modules (CAMs). A demonstration of Viaccess CI Plus commitment with Neotion will be displayed during the IBC 09 Forum.
News categories: Neotion, Viaccess, Conditional Access, IBC2023
Ocean Blue's CI+ 'Turbo' software passes the test
Aug 27, 2009 – Ocean Blue Software's CI+ has been enhanced with extra features. The latest version of the CI+ specification details optional features which Ocean Blue Software has already incorporated into their Sunrise CI+ product.
News categories: Ocean Blue, CI Plus, Content Protection, DVB-MHP, DVR, IBC2023, Smart TV
TC TrustCenter and CI Plus announce significant early adoption of Standard
May 25, 2009 – CI Plus, the CE industry backed technology for allowing secure delivery of premium pay TV services to Integrated Digital TV's, Set Top Boxes and Personal Video Recorders, has announced the initial details of the take up of the technology.
News categories: CI Plus, TC TrustCenter, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029