Digital TV News: CYFRA+
Poland’s nc+ extends capacity agreement with Eutelsat
Dec 15, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) and nc+ have announced the signature of a contract for the renewal of nine transponders at Eutelsat’s HOT BIRD video neighbourhood. The agreement equips nc+ for the expansion of its digital platform.
News categories: Eutelsat, nc+, Michel Azibert, Julien Verley, Content Distribution, Poland, Satellite
NC+ satellite TV launches in Poland
Mar 21, 2013 – The combined satellite TV service, NC+, replacing Cyfra+ from Canal+ and 'n' from TVN has launched in Poland. There are 6 packages to choose from ranging from 70 channels with 17 channels of HD up to 130 channels with 50 channels of HD along with VOD and multiroom.
News categories: NC+, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite
CANAL+ and TVN begin merger of 'n' and CYFRA+ in Poland
Nov 30, 2012 – CANAL+ Group and TVN GROUP have announced the closing of their strategic partnership agreements and have started to merge their pay TV platforms n and CYFRA+, to create nc+, set to be Poland's leading premium pay TV operator.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, TVN GROUP, Digital TV, MandA, Poland, Satellite
Poland's UOKiK gives consent to ITI/CANAL+ satellite JV
Sep 14, 2012 – Poland's Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK) has approved the setting up of a satellite TV joint venture in the country by TVN and Vivendi. The deal will combine TVN's 'n' platform and Vivendi's Cyfra Plus.
News categories: UOKiK, Vivendi, TVN Group, MandA, Poland, Regulation, Satellite
AuthenTec and Insys Help Deliver CANAL+ Streaming TV Content to Mobile Subscribers in Poland
Mar 15, 2012 – AuthenTec (NASDAQ:AUTH) and Insys have announced that CYFRA+ has launched a smooth streaming content service for mobile devices that uses AuthenTec's Downloadable DRM Fusion™ content protection and Insys' InsysPlay video playback platform.
News categories: AuthenTec, Insys, CYFRA+, Apps, Content Protection, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, Poland, Smartphone, Streaming
TVN and Canal+ to merge their Polish pay-TV activities
Nov 1, 2011 – ITI Holdings has confirmed that, together with TVN, they have agreed on a partnership with CANAL+ Group to merge their Polish pay-TV activities in a joint venture in order to create a common DTH platform in Poland.
News categories: TVN Group, Canal+ Group, MandA, Poland, Satellite
UOKiK releases report on pay TV in Poland
Oct 7, 2011 – Poland's Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK) has issued a report on the country's pay TV market. Services are provided by satellite, cable and IPTV. Satellite has the largest number of subscribers with over 6 million.
News categories: UOKiK, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Poland, Satellite, Subscribers
CANAL+ Poland to show football game LIVE in 3D
Mar 31, 2010 – Canal+ Poland will, on May 15th this year, broadcast Poland's first football match in 3D. The game to be shown will depend on the situation in the Ekstraklasa football league at the time.
News categories: CYFRA+, Digital TV, Metaverse, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box
Cyfrowy Polsat adds 286k subscribers in 4Q09
Mar 18, 2010 – Cyfrowy Polsat (Warsaw: CPS) has released its report for the fiscal year ended 31 December 2009. As at 31 December 2009 Polsat's subscriber base of pay packages reached 3,202,319, an increase of 475,326 compared to 31 December 2008.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Market Research, Poland, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution