Digital TV News: Cavium
Marvell and Cavium to combine
Nov 20, 2017 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) and Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) have announced a definitive agreement under which Marvell will acquire all outstanding shares of Cavium common stock in exchange for consideration of $40.00 per share in cash and 2.1757 Marvell common shares for each Cavium share.
News categories: Marvell, Cavium, Matt Murphy, Syed Ali, Raghib Hussain, MnA, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Netgear announces first customer shipments for new hybrid set-top box
Sep 12, 2013 – NETGEAR (NASDAQGM: NTGR) has announced the launch of its Hybrid Set-top Box (STB1100) at the IBC2013 trade show. Numericable is using the STB1100 to deliver over-the-air, DVB-T and adaptive bitrate content to ADSL subscribers in France.
News categories: NETGEAR, Numericable, Cavium, Naveen Chhangani, Philippe LeMay, Reza Eltejaein, Digital TV, France, IBC2020, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Cavium PureVu® Powers NETGEAR Push2TV® Miracast Compatible Wireless Display Adapter
Sep 24, 2012 – Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced that NETGEAR's Push2TV wireless display adapter is based on Cavium's CNW6611L media SoC. The Push2TV is one of the first adapters that is pre-standard compliant with the Wi-Fi Alliance's Miracast™ specification.
News categories: Cavium, NETGEAR, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Cavium to Demonstrate Digital Home Solutions at Computex 2012
Jun 5, 2012 – Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) will demonstrate ten market leading solutions based upon Cavium's latest media and communications processor families at Computex 2012 including Cavium's Celestial™ Set Top Box ARM-based processors.
News categories: Cavium, Gateway, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Cavium Ships Multi-Format HD Set Top Box SoC
Sep 27, 2011 – Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced the Celestial™ CNC1800L multi-format, high definition Set Top Box System-on-a-Chip (SoC) processor is sampling to customers for Over the Top (OTT), IPTV, and Digital Cable Set Top Box applications.
News categories: Cavium, BBWF, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Cavium to Showcase Innovations for Set Top Box, Broadband Gateway, and Wireless Display at Broadband World Forum
Sep 27, 2011 – Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) will demonstrate industry leading set top box, broadband gateway, and wireless display applications based upon Cavium's Celestial™, ECONA™ and PureVu™ processor families at Broadband World Forum 2011 in Paris, France.
News categories: Cavium, BBWF, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Cavium Networks to Demonstrate Set-Top Box, Wireless Display and Networked Digital Home Applications at Computex 2011
May 31, 2011 – Cavium Networks (NASDAQ: CAVM) will demonstrate a range of multimedia home technologies based upon Cavium's PureVu™, ECONA™, Celestial™ and OCTEON® processor families at Computex 2011 on May 31 - June 4 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Suite 2412.
News categories: Cavium Networks, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Cavium Networks Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire China-Based Celestial Semiconductor
Jan 31, 2011 – Cavium Networks (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced that it is has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Celestial Semiconductor, a fabless provider of ARM-based system-on-a-chip (SoC) processor solutions for a range of digital media applications.
News categories: Cavium Networks, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Cavium and LG Collaborate on Next Generation Wireless TVs
Jan 5, 2011 – Cavium Networks (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced a collaboration with LG Electronics (KSE: 066570) to develop next generation wireless TV products.
News categories: Cavium Networks, LG Electronics, CES2020, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers
- NLogic and TVbeat bring holistic TV ad management to Canada
- Netflix, Hulu user numbers fell as COVID-19 measures were relaxed