Digital TV News: Cell C
Tight supplies impede LCD panel cost reduction in Q3
Sep 10, 2018 – Tight supplies of display panel materials and components, such as driver integrated circuit (IC), glass substrate and polarizer, are expected to slow the decline rate of liquid crystal display panel costs, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Tadashi Uno, Irene Heo, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
SES-12 successfully launched
Jun 3, 2018 – SES has announced that SES-12 was successfully launched onboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral. SES-12 will join SES-8 at 95°E to meet the needs of video, fixed data, mobility and government customers across Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Cell C selects Comigo to power entertainment platform in South Africa
Feb 6, 2018 – Comigo has announced that it has been selected by Cell C in South Africa to power the company’s entertainment and content service, black. black brings to consumers a full 360° entertainment experience from VoD through to live TV streaming.
News categories: Comigo, Cell C, Motty Lentzitzky, Surie Ramasary, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, South Africa
black launches HD smart box in South Africa
Nov 16, 2017 – South African entertainment platform, black, has launched its blackBOX, a multimedia box for TV. black brings customers a suite of content including the latest movies, on demand content, gaming, live TV channels and more.
News categories: black, Cell C, Surie Ramasary, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, South Africa
DStv Mobile on Cellphones, PCs and Tablets
Nov 23, 2010 – MultiChoice South Africa (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has announced the launch of its Mobile TV broadcasting service, DStv Mobile. DStv Mobile can be accessed on a DVB-H enabled cellphone or via MultiChoice's newly introduced Mobile TV decoder, the Drifta.
News categories: MultiChoice, DStv, Digital TV, Mobile, South Africa
72% Growth in Worldwide Mobile Data Bandwidth Usage in H2, 2009
Feb 8, 2010 – Allot Communications (NASDAQ: ALLT) has announced that worldwide mobile data bandwidth usage increased by around 72% during the second half of 2009. Video is the single most influential factor driving the need for increased network capacity.
News categories: Allot Communications, 5G, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
High Definition Video to Internet Computers, Cell Phones and Handhelds Aim of New Agreement Between Broadcast International and On2 Technologies
Jan 7, 2008 – Broadcast International (OTCBB:BCST) and On2 Technologies (AMEX:ONT) have announced an agreement to make real-time, high quality video, including high-definition (HD) video, accessible anywhere to capable network-connected devices.
News categories: On2 Technologies, Broadcast International, CES2021, Content Distribution, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results