Digital TV News: Cell C
Tight supplies impede LCD panel cost reduction in Q3
Sep 10, 2018 – Tight supplies of display panel materials and components, such as driver integrated circuit (IC), glass substrate and polarizer, are expected to slow the decline rate of liquid crystal display panel costs, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Tadashi Uno, Irene Heo, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
SES-12 successfully launched
Jun 3, 2018 – SES has announced that SES-12 was successfully launched onboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral. SES-12 will join SES-8 at 95°E to meet the needs of video, fixed data, mobility and government customers across Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Cell C selects Comigo to power entertainment platform in South Africa
Feb 6, 2018 – Comigo has announced that it has been selected by Cell C in South Africa to power the company’s entertainment and content service, black. black brings to consumers a full 360° entertainment experience from VoD through to live TV streaming.
News categories: Comigo, Cell C, Motty Lentzitzky, Surie Ramasary, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, South Africa, Streaming
black launches HD smart box in South Africa
Nov 16, 2017 – South African entertainment platform, black, has launched its blackBOX, a multimedia box for TV. black brings customers a suite of content including the latest movies, on demand content, gaming, live TV channels and more.
News categories: black, Cell C, Surie Ramasary, Digital TV, Set Top Box, South Africa, Streaming
DStv Mobile on Cellphones, PCs and Tablets
Nov 23, 2010 – MultiChoice South Africa (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has announced the launch of its Mobile TV broadcasting service, DStv Mobile. DStv Mobile can be accessed on a DVB-H enabled cellphone or via MultiChoice's newly introduced Mobile TV decoder, the Drifta.
News categories: MultiChoice, DStv, Digital TV, Mobile, South Africa
72% Growth in Worldwide Mobile Data Bandwidth Usage in H2, 2009
Feb 8, 2010 – Allot Communications (NASDAQ: ALLT) has announced that worldwide mobile data bandwidth usage increased by around 72% during the second half of 2009. Video is the single most influential factor driving the need for increased network capacity.
News categories: Allot Communications, 5G, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming
High Definition Video to Internet Computers, Cell Phones and Handhelds Aim of New Agreement Between Broadcast International and On2 Technologies
Jan 7, 2008 – Broadcast International (OTCBB:BCST) and On2 Technologies (AMEX:ONT) have announced an agreement to make real-time, high quality video, including high-definition (HD) video, accessible anywhere to capable network-connected devices.
News categories: On2 Technologies, Broadcast International, CES2023, Content Distribution, Media Player, Placeshifting, Streaming
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite