Digital TV News: Cisco
JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
Dec 7, 2022 – Cisco and Qwilt have announced a partnership with Japan Internet Exchange (JPIX) to improve delivery of live streaming, VOD, and media applications across Japan using Qwilt's open caching technology.
News categories: Qwilt, Cisco, JPIX, J-Stream, Alon Maor, Theodore Tzevelekis, Ryosuke Yamazoe, Mayumi Hayasaka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Streaming
JPIX and Qwilt partner on streaming media delivery in Japan
Nov 15, 2022 – Qwilt has announced a partnership with Japan Internet Exchange (JPIX) to improve the quality and delivery capacity of live streaming, VOD and media applications across Japan using Qwilt's open caching technology.
News categories: Qwilt, JPIX, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Streaming
Vodafone Turkey signs up with Cisco and Qwilt for content delivery
Oct 12, 2022 – Vodafone Turkey has signed an agreement with Cisco and Qwilt to enhance the quality and delivery capacity of its live streaming, VOD, and media applications to approximately 25 million subscribers in Turkey.
News categories: Qwilt, Vodafone Turkey, Cisco, Alon Maor, Levent Gemici, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Turkey
Qwilt CDN technology rolling out to NCTC member networks across the US
Jul 20, 2022 – The NCTC and Qwilt have announced progress on an initiative to create a nationwide federated CDN. As of June 2022, 100+ NCTC members have signed up to deploy this upgrade in their networks, and the program is still open for qualifying members.
News categories: Qwilt, National Cable Television Cooperativ, Alon Maor, Jared Baumann, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
Feb 18, 2020 – According to the Cisco Annual Internet Report, 5G will support more than 10% of the world's mobile connections by 2023 and social networking, video streaming and downloads, business productivity, e-commerce and gaming will drive the continued growth of mobile applications.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Roland Acra, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
Jan 21, 2020 – NürnbergMesse is expanding its international portfolio by acquiring the Indian exhibition SCaT India Tradeshow, which has been taking place in Mumbai every year since 1993. The 17 events organised by NürnbergMesse India already include the Broadcast India Show.
News categories: NürnbergMesse, Peter Ottmann, Digital TV, India
American Well and Cisco to expand telehealth in the home, via the TV
Jun 14, 2019 – American Well has announced that it is working with Cisco Systems to extend care delivery from hospitals and health systems into the home. Initial plans include converting in-home TV sets into American Well patient CarePoints for telehealth care delivery.
News categories: Cisco Systems, American Well, Amy Chang, Roy Schoenberg, Digital TV, Smart Home, USA
CANAL+ chooses Cisco for new content delivery network
Apr 9, 2019 – Cisco has announced that CANAL+ has chosen to base its new CDN on the Cisco NCS 5516 Series platform, using Cisco IOS XR software. As the highest traffic peak recorded by CANAL+ last year was 500Gb/s, the new CDN has been designed to deliver 1Tb/s+ on day one.
News categories: Cisco Systems, CANAL+, Sumeet Arora, Benoît Chemin, Content Distribution, France
Samsung joins the Alliance for Open Media Board of Directors
Apr 3, 2019 – The Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) has announced that Samsung has joined at the Board-level, the first tier of the organization. AOMedia is a nonprofit organization formed with the aim to define and develop open standards for media compression and delivery over the web.
News categories: Alliance for Open Media, Samsung, Matt Frost, Seunghwan Cho, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022