Digital TV News: Cisco
PROEN deploys Qwilt and Cisco CDN solution in Thailand
Oct 3, 2023 – PROEN has deployed Qwilt and Cisco's Open Edge CDN solution to improve the quality and delivery capacity of digital content and applications in Thailand.
News categories: Qwilt, PROEN, Cisco, Alon Maor, Naris Ratyiam, Theodore Tzevelekis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Thailand
Link Net deploys Open Caching with Qwilt and Cisco
Sep 12, 2023 – Link Net is working with Qwilt and Cisco to deploy a CDN solution, elevating the quality and delivery capacity of Link Net's streaming applications to homes across Indonesia.
News categories: Qwilt, Cisco, Link Net, Alon Maor, Theodore Tzevelekis, Marlo Budiman, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia
Fastweb adopts Cisco and Qwilt's Open Caching solution
Jul 25, 2023 – Cisco and Qwilt are working with Fastweb to bring their joint CDN solution to the Italian market. The solution works by pushing content caching and delivery to the edge of Fastweb's networks.
News categories: Qwilt, Cisco, Fastweb, Alon Maor, Theodore Tzevelekis, Fabrizio Casati, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Streaming
U.S. Cyber Trust Mark labeling program for smart devices announced
Jul 18, 2023 – The U.S. has announced a cybersecurity certification and labeling program to help Americans more easily choose smart devices that are safer and less vulnerable to cyberattacks.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Digital TV, Gateway, Smart TV, USA
Vodafone deploys streaming CDN with Qwilt and Cisco
Jul 11, 2023 – Qwilt and Cisco will deploy their CDN solution at Vodafone, increasing the performance of Vodafone’s streaming delivery to mobile and fixed broadband customers in Europe and Africa.
News categories: Qwilt, Vodafone, Cisco, Alon Maor, Giorgio Migliarina, Nadia Benabdallah, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe
tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
Jun 5, 2023 – Apple has announced Apple TV 4K software updates for this fall. With tvOS 17, FaceTime comes to Apple TV 4K, along with other enhancements for a more personalised experience.
News categories: Apple, Bob Borchers, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
Mar 21, 2023 – SAPEC will lead the creation of the encoder that will allow the RTVE-UPM Cátedra to broadcast live 8K content over DVB-T2 in Spain - the first broadcast of its kind in the world.
News categories: SAPEC, Miguel Ángel Cristóbal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Spain, Worldwide
CARIAD launches app store for Volkswagen Group cars
Mar 1, 2023 – CARIAD has launches an application store for Volkswagen Group car brands. CARIAD is working with HARMAN to create an open ecosystem for apps that drivers can use in their cars' infotainment systems.
News categories: CARIAD, HARMAN, Audi, Dirk Hilgenberg, Huibert Verhoeven, Oliver Hoffmann, Apps, In-Car, MWC23, Worldwide
New Mercedes-Benz E-Class has on board entertaiment portal
Feb 22, 2023 – The new Mercedes-Benz E-Class has an entertainment portal on board offering video streaming, on-demand content, interactive experiences, local video programmes, sports, news and much more.
News categories: Mercedes-Benz, ZYNC, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023