Digital TV News: Comcast Technology Solutions
CTS launches cloud-based managed channel origination service in EMEA
Sep 13, 2023 – Comcast Technology Solutions (CTS) has launched a cloud-based Managed Channel Origination service for customers in EMEA, combining Sky's infrastructure and operations with the capabilities of CTS.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Sky, Bart Spriester, Fraser Stirling, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2023, Middle-East
Comcast Technology Solutions back-end selected by DT for Magenta TV
Jun 6, 2022 – Comcast Technology Solutions has announced that its Cloud TV Suite is being rolled out as the back-end platform for Deutsche Telekom's Magenta TV. Deployments began in Austria and will be phased across other Deutsche Telekom markets throughout 2022.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Deutsche Telekom, Ken Klaer, Pedro Bandeira, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV
Comcast Technology Solutions releases SCTE 224-based linear ad insertion solution
May 3, 2022 – Comcast Technology Solutions has launched a linear addressable advertising solution. The solution uses an SCTE 224 standard notification interface to present rich linear metadata to trigger linear addressable ads.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Comcast Advertising, Bart Spriester, Larry Allen, Marija Masalskis, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
CTS and Ideal Systems partner to serve the APAC region
Mar 3, 2022 – Comcast Technology Solutions (CTS) has announced an alliance with Ideal Systems for the Asia Pacific region. Under the agreement, Ideal Systems will serve as a strategic reseller of the CTS portfolio of products and services.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Ideal Systems, Bart Spriester, Fintan Mc Kiernan, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV
VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
Jan 20, 2022 – Comcast Technology Solutions has launched its VideoAI service. VideoAI automatically analyzes video assets to identify and tag key onscreen moments, audio events, and more to support enhanced understanding of video content.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Bart Spriester, Fraser Stirling, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
CTS launches Managed Terrestrial Distribution for U.S. operators
Aug 26, 2021 – Comcast Technology Solutions (CTS) has launched a managed terrestrial content distribution service to support pay TV operators in the US. CTS has offered a satellite-based managed service for decades.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, MTC Cable, Allison Olien, Glen Faulkner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Comcast Technology Solutions powers video experiences for NBC Olympics
Aug 3, 2021 – NBC Olympics and Peacock selected Comcast Technology Solutions (CTS) to provide multi-screen video management and delivery for its production of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, NBC Sports, Bart Spriester, David Wilburn, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, USA
OSN using Cloud TV Suite from Comcast Technology Solutions
Jul 15, 2021 – Comcast Technology Solutions has announced that its Cloud TV Suite serves as the back-end platform for the OSN Streaming App. The OSN Streaming App provides video entertainment to consumers across the MENA region.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, OSN, Bart Spriester, Peter Riz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
Jun 15, 2021 – SES has announced that it will continue delivering Comcast Technology Solutions' Managed Satellite Distribution service that currently reaches hundreds of MVDP systems across the U.S.
News categories: SES S.A, Comcast Technology Solutions, Steve Collar, Allison Olien, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC