Digital TV News: Comcast
AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
Feb 24, 2021 – AMC Networks and Omnicom Media Group (OMG) have completed two linear addressable TV campaigns. The campaigns used the On Addressability platform, with spots running on Comcast and Charter cable systems.
News categories: AMC Networks, Omnicom Media Group, Kim Kelleher, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Univision signs up to Project OAR
Feb 2, 2021 – Univision has announced that it has joined Project OAR, the consortium of American media companies created to establish a common technology for dynamic, addressable advertising management for TV.
News categories: Univision, Project OAR, Donna Speciale, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Comcast cable video subscribers down 248,000 in 4Q 2020
Jan 28, 2021 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the period ended December 31, 2020. Video customer net losses in the quarter were 248,000. NBCUniversal's Peacock VOD service now has 33 million sign-ups across the U.S.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
TEGNA extends partnership with FreeWheel
Jan 7, 2021 – TEGNA (NYSE: TGNA) and FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) have announced a multi-year deal to further transform and automate the way TEGNA’s buyers and sellers transact, including through CTV/OTT advertising platform Premion.
News categories: FreeWheel, TEGNA, Premion, Ian Banks, Kurt Rao, Tom Cox, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
TV providers testing NEXTGEN TV over cable TV infrastructure
Dec 15, 2020 – Broadcasters supporting the Phoenix Model Market project for NEXTGEN TV, along with Pearl TV, have begun testing of NEXTGEN TV over limited cable infrastructure, in cooperation with Comcast.
News categories: Pearl TV, Comcast, Anne Schelle, Jerry Parkins, ATSC 3, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Disney surpasses 137 million subscriptions for its D2C services
Dec 11, 2020 – The Walt Disney Company has revealed the next steps in its global streaming expansion with details on the future of Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+, a first look at its upcoming global brand, Star, and previews of new content.
News categories: Disney, Bob Chapek, Bob Iger, Christine McCarthy, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Comcast to launch Disney+ and ESPN+ on Xfinity
Dec 10, 2020 – Comcast and The Walt Disney Company have announced that they have reached an agreement that includes the rights for Comcast to distribute the Disney+ and ESPN+ services on its Xfinity X1 and Flex platforms.
News categories: Comcast, Disney, Rebecca Heap, Michael Paull, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Internet playing even more dominant role in US entertainment consumption
Dec 10, 2020 – The second wave of Hub's 'Predicting the Pandemic' study shows how the pandemic has accelerated the well-established shift to online consumption of entertainment content across multiple facets of the leisure economy.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Peter Fondulas, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
Dec 2, 2020 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has announced a linear/digital convergence: FreeWheel will be leading ad decisioning across all NBCUniversal (NBCU) properties using their new AutoScheduler technology.
News categories: FreeWheel, NBCUniversal, Dave Clark, Ryan McConville, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results