Digital TV News: Comcast
Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
Oct 19, 2021 – Comcast has launched XClass TV, extending the reach of its technology to smart TVs. Comcast's entertainment platform is now available without an Xfinity subscription, both inside and outside of Comcast service areas.
News categories: Comcast, Hisense, Sam Schwartz, David Gold, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
Oct 14, 2021 – According to Dataxis, the pay TV market in Europe is expected to slowly recover from the blow it suffered during the pandemic. Pay TV revenues in Europe should reach €33 billion in 2025, eventually topping its 2019 level.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
Oct 11, 2021 – FreeWheel has revealed findings from a survey of UK advertisers and agencies. According to the research, 60% of the surveyed UK marketers expect their Advanced TV investments to increase in the next 12 months.
News categories: FreeWheel, CoLab Media, Virginie Dremeaux, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
Oct 8, 2021 – The Foxtel Group has confirmed that it will be the first global syndication partner for Sky Glass, the streaming aggregation product launched by Sky. Sky Glass is expected to be available in Australia in late 2023.
News categories: Foxtel, Sky, Patrick Delany, Dana Strong, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
Sky introduces Sky Glass streaming TV
Oct 7, 2021 – Sky has announced the launch of its Sky Glass streaming television. Sky Glass will be the only TV with Sky inside. With Sky Glass, subscribers can now get Sky TV over WiFi, with no satellite dish and no box.
News categories: Sky, Dana Strong, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
FreeWheel advertising technology for Redbox's free streaming service
Oct 4, 2021 – Redbox has partnered with FreeWheel to integrate programmatic technology into its free streaming platforms. Through the technology, advertisers will be able to buy Redbox inventory and target audiences.
News categories: Redbox, FreeWheel, Jason Kwong, Dave Clark, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Significant growth in U.S. smart TV and smart speaker/display adoption
Sep 29, 2021 – Parks Associates' Consumer Electronics Dashboard reveals that among the most commonly adopted CE device categories, smart TVs and smart speakers/displays showed significant growth during the COVID-19 pandemic.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
Sep 22, 2021 – Comcast has announced the global launch of XiOne, a wireless streaming device currently available in Italy and Germany to Sky Q customers and beginning its rollout in the United States to Xfinity Flex customers.
News categories: Comcast, Charlie Herrin, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
Sep 21, 2021 – According to Dataxis, at Q2 2021, Android TV could be found on around 26% of the global advanced STB installed base. Although striking, the share of Google’s platform actually decreased from 40% in 2015.
News categories: Dataxis, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement