Digital TV News: DAZN
FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
Jun 5, 2023 – The Central and Eastern European (CEE) market is on track to reach $42m in FAST revenues by 2028 according to Omdia. CEE joins a buoyant market currently dominated by the US.
News categories: Omdia, Maria Rua Aguete, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
Telefónica and Síminn demonstrate 'TV roaming' using SVTA open caching
Apr 18, 2023 – Telefónica and Síminn have demonstrated the feasibility of applying the concept of 'TV Roaming' to the distribution of video services by interconnecting their CDNs using SVTA Open Caching.
News categories: Telefónica, Síminn, Broadpeak, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, QoE, Spain, Streaming
European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
Jan 24, 2023 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published its annual report on key AV players in Europe. SVOD stands out as the most concentrated market segment, with the top 3 OTT platforms accounting for 71% of subscriptions.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
Jan 19, 2023 – Amazon and DAZN have agreed a distribution partnership that will see DAZN's sports streaming service available as a Prime Video Channel, initially launching in Spain and Germany, with Japan next and more markets to follow.
News categories: DAZN, Prime Video, Shay Segev, Jay Marine, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Spain, Streaming
DAZN now has 15 million premium paying subscribers
Jan 12, 2023 – DAZN Group has publishes its 2022 Annual Review providing an update on its strategic priorities and critical milestones this year. DAZN is now the largest digital sports broadcaster in Europe.
News categories: DAZN, Shay Segev, Kevin Mayer, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
Nov 28, 2022 – DAZN and Irdeto have joined forces to fight piracy in sports streaming. Their existing partnership has been extended to include Irdeto Anti-Piracy services, and Irdeto has become DAZN's primary multi-DRM provider.
News categories: Irdeto, DAZN, Mark Mulready, Sandeep Tiku, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
Nov 22, 2022 – Foxxum has announced the launch of DAZN in Germany, Italy, and Spain with further territorial expansions following DAZN's rollout plans. Foxxum CTV OS clients will onboard over the next year, following an initial launch on Vestel devices.
News categories: Foxxum, DAZN, Ronny Lutzi, Peter Parmenter, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Italy, Smart TV, Spain, TV OS
DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
Sep 27, 2022 – DAZN Group has announced an agreement to acquire the ELEVEN Group's global sports media businesses. The deal expands DAZN’s capabilities in the live sports streaming sector and establishes DAZN as a global leader in this rapidly evolving space.
News categories: DAZN Group, ELEVEN Group, Shay Segev, Kevin Mayer, Marc Watson, Andrea Radrizzani, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
Asia Pacific online video revenue to grow to $73 billion by 2027
Jul 25, 2022 – Analysis released by Media Partners Asia (MPA) has indicated that total Asia Pacific online video industry revenue will grow by 16% year-on-year in 2022 to reach $49.2 billion. SVOD will contribute 50%; UGC AVOD, 37% and Premium AVOD, 13%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Cout, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027