Digital TV News: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem
GoLive selects DivX OmniView to power Smart TV OTT service
Jan 5, 2015 – DivX has announced that GoLive Movie has selected its DivX OmniView to power the secure delivery on-demand movie content to smart TVs. The service will be available initially in China on televisions from TCL.
News categories: DivX, TCL, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Apps, CES2023, China, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
NAGRA adds multiscreen DRM to DISH/Echostar security
Apr 16, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has extended its security partnership with DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS). DISH and EchoStar have deployed NAGRA’s DRM to secure DISH's Anywhere™ multiscreen VOD service.
News categories: NAGRA, DISH Network, EchoStar, Vivek Khemka, Mark Jackson, Pierre Roy, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Satellite, TV Everywhere, USA
Nagra DRM receives DECE approval
Apr 14, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its DRM technology, NAGRA MediaAccess Persistent Rights Management (PRM), has been approved by the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) for its UltraViolet streaming service.
News categories: NAGRA, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Mitch Singer, Maurice van Riek, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
castLabs announces first UltraViolet 1.1 player
Apr 1, 2014 – castLabs has announced the availability of the first UVPlayer supporting the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem's (DECE) latest UltraViolet 1.1 specification.
News categories: castLabs, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
BluFocus to administer UltraViolet compliance verification program
Jan 16, 2014 – BluFocus has announced that it has entered into an agreement with Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) LLC, to act as the administrator for the UltraViolet Compliance Verification Program (CVP).
News categories: BluFocus, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Paulette Pantoja, Mark Teitell, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
DivX DRM receives conditional approval for UltraViolet™ digital downloads
Jan 7, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that DivX digital rights management (DRM), previously approved for streaming use within the UltraViolet ecosystem, has now received conditional approval for digital downloads, as well as ‘side-loading’.
News categories: Rovi Corp, UltraViolet, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Mark Teitell, CES2023, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
Dec 11, 2013 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has announced that Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment and Anchor Bay Entertainment now encode movies and TV programs in the UltraViolet™ Common File Format (CFF) using Dolby® Digital Plus™.
News categories: Dolby, Ron Geller, Danny Kaye, Bill Clark, Mark Teitell, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming
CinemaNow first to launch Disc-to-digital service in Canada
Sep 3, 2013 – CinemaNow has officially launched their Disc-to-digital service. With the service, Canadians can take their physical DVDs, convert them to a digital format in the convenience of their home, and watch them on CinemaNow.
News categories: CinemaNow, Canada, DVD, Streaming
DivX Plus Streaming DRM Approved for UltraViolet Services
Jan 7, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that the DivX® digital rights management (DRM) used with the company's adaptive streaming format, has been approved by the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) for streaming use within the UltraViolet ecosystem.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, CES2023, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated