Digital TV News: Encompass Digital Media
Encompass to provide CloudVOD to Scripps Networks International
Jul 19, 2017 – Encompass Digital Media has announced that Scripps Networks International has selected Encompass CloudVOD, a cloud-based video-on-demand service, as its exclusive solution for delivering VOD content to the EMEA region.
News categories: Encompass Digital Media, Scripps Networks, Microsoft Azure, Marc Bruce, Mark Hale, Nagu Rangan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East
Encompass to provide VOD services for Sony Pictures Television
Apr 20, 2017 – Encompass Digital Media has announced that Sony Pictures Television Networks has selected its CloudVOD platform and geographically diverse Digital Network Operations Centers (DNOC) to distribute VOD assets for Sony's U.S. channels.
News categories: Encompass, Sony Pictures Television, Chris Walters, Bob Billeci, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Cisco collaborates with Sky to launch OnPrime TV
Mar 14, 2017 – Consumers in the UK, Italy and Germany can now access foreign language film, TV and news channels in one place via OnPrime TV, an app-based streaming service developed by Cisco in collaboration with Sky, and supported by Encompass Digital Media.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky, Encompass Digital Media, Rajeev Raman, Emma Lloyd, Apps, Content Distribution, Germany, Italy, Mobile, Streaming, UK
Encompass and Fastly partner to deliver an end-to-end OTT platform
Jan 17, 2017 – Encompass Digital Media has announced a partnership with Fastly. Under the agreement, Encompass will incorporate Fastly’s media and streaming video delivery capabilities into its end-to-end OTT solution.
News categories: Encompass Digital Media, Fastly, Chris Walters, Sean Leach, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022