Digital TV News: Film Fresh
Film Fresh Launches Film Store for Android Tablets
May 31, 2012 – Film Fresh has announced the launch of its film store application in the Android market for tablets running on Android 4.0. The Film Fresh tablet store adds to a growing presence online and on Blu-ray players, connected TVs, and set-top boxes.
News categories: Film Fresh, Apps, OTT, Tablet, USA
Rovi and Jiuzhou Collaborate to Integrate DivX® HD in Set-Top Box
Nov 14, 2011 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced the signing of a new multi-year licensing agreement for DivX® technology with Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric Co., one of the largest set-top box (STB) manufacturers in China.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box
Broadcom and Rovi Collaborate to Deliver an Over-the-Top Entertainment Experience
Sep 9, 2011 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that it is working with Broadcom (Nasdaq:BRCM) to integrate its recently unveiled DivX Plus Streaming technology into Broadcom's System-on-a Chip (SoC) platforms for set-top boxes and connected Digital TVs.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Broadcom, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Rovi Unveils DivX Plus Streaming for the Secure Distribution of Premium Video Entertainment to Connected Devices
Sep 1, 2011 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has unveiled DivX Plus® Streaming, a secure adaptive streaming solution for the delivery of digital entertainment to connected devices including HDTVs, Blu-ray Disc Players, smartphones, game consoles, PCs, Macs, and cable STBs.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Cable TV, IFA2020, Middleware, OTT
Rovi and LG Expand Relationship With DivX Licensing Agreements
Jun 23, 2011 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) and LG Electronics (KSE: 066570) have signed multi-year licensing agreements that expand their relationship and provide further integration of DivX® technology into a wider range of consumer electronics devices.
News categories: Rovi Corp, LG Electronics, Blu-ray, DRM, In-Car, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
OTT Video Providers Jockeying For Position As Market Heats Up
Jun 29, 2010 – Industry participants in the over-the-top (OTT) video market are positioning themselves for what is anticipated to be a high-growth market with multi-billion dollar revenue streams, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, OTT, USA
DivX and Film Fresh Partner to Offer Digital Downloads in DivX® Format
Aug 26, 2009 – DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) has announced that Film Fresh is the first U.S. download-to-own (DTO) online store to provide major motion picture titles in the high-quality secure DivX® format.
News categories: DivX, Film Fresh, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, USA
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India