Digital TV News: Global Satellite
SES secures €75m of German video contract extensions
Apr 13, 2023 – SES has signed multi-year capacity agreements with multiple broadcasters, enabling millions of satellite TV households across Germany to continue watching SD and HD content.
News categories: SES S.A, Norbert Hölzle, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite
Eutelsat reconfirms Babeleye as Sat.Tv video metadata provider
Aug 22, 2022 – Babeleye has announced that Eutelsat has reconfirmed Babeleye as the supplier of rich metadata for its free to air content discovery platform Sat.tv.
News categories: Babeleye, Eutelsat, Lasse Schmidt, Jean Luc Deroudilhe, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Global pay TV to add subscribers but lose revenues
May 4, 2022 – Digital TV Research expects 19 million more pay TV subscribers to be added between 2021 and 2027, but revenues to decline by $25 billion during the same time frame. IPTV will add 79 million while satellite TV will lose 10 million subscribers over the period.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Dataxis reports on fixed satellite communication market
Dec 15, 2021 – According to Dataxis, after years of significant growth, the decline in traditional video activity in the most developed countries is being sustained. Some regions are still appealing for satellite video however, most particularly Africa and MENA, as well as Asia-Pacific.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
Jul 29, 2020 – Strong Roots Ethiopia Broadcasting Service has taken Ku-band capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B (Paris: ETL). Strong Roots plans to launch an FTA DTH platform covering Ethiopia as well as Ethiopian diaspora in zones within the satellite’s footprint, notably the Middle East.
News categories: Eutelsat, Philippe Oliva, Tsegaye Alemayehu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Middle-East, Satellite
Irdeto Selected as CA partner for Eutelsat's CIRRUS
Sep 7, 2018 – Irdeto has announced that it has been selected by Eutelsat as a security partner for its Eutelsat CIRRUS hybrid platform. The service allows Eutelsat customers to offer Direct-to-Home (DTH) services combined with OTT services across multiple screens.
News categories: Irdeto, Eutelsat, Bengt Jonsson, Bruno Cattan, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Streaming, Worldwide
Eutelsat partners with Intelsat and SES in U.S. C-band spectrum proposal
Jul 12, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I), SES (Paris: SESG) and Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) have announced that they are aligned on a market-based proposal for the future use of the lower C-band spectrum in the U.S. Eutelsat has agreed to join a proposal initiated by Intelsat, Intel and SES.
News categories: Eutelsat, Intelsat, SES S.A, Rodolphe Belmer, Stephen Spengler, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Intelsat debuts MCPC platform for Central and Eastern Europe
Apr 9, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that it has launched a Ku-band Multi-Channel Per Carrier (MCPC) media platform for Central and Eastern Europe. Programmers will be able to contribute SD or HD content from anywhere around the world.
News categories: Intelsat, Encompass Digital Media, Rob Cerbone, Marc Bruce, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, NABShow, Satellite
Satellite Industry Association releases annual State of the Industry report
Jul 11, 2017 – The Satellite Industry Association (SIA) has released its 2017 State of the Satellite Industry Report. The report assesses the performance of key satellite industry sectors including satellite services, ground equipment, launch services and manufacturing.
News categories: Satellite Industry Association, Bryce Space and Technology, Tom Stroup, Carissa Christensen, Content Distribution, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC