Digital TV News: GridNetworks
GridNetworks and Widevine Partner to Secure Premium Content Delivery
Feb 24, 2009 – GridNetworks has partnered with Widevine to secure content delivered via GridCast TV. The partnership combines Widevine's DRM with the GridCast TV service, which has a reach of over 40 million viewers through the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
News categories: Widevine, GridNetworks, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Gaming, Streaming
GridNetworks Launches Gridcast TV, A Service for Content Owners to Deliver Internet Video to the TV
Nov 17, 2008 – GridNetworks has launched GridCast TV, a service that enables content distributors to stream video directly over the internet to viewers' TVs. The service uses existing UPnP devices such as the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and internet-enabled TVs.
News categories: GridNetworks, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
Panorama Capital Leads $9.5MM Series A Funding in GridNetworks, Inc.
Oct 30, 2007 – GridNetworks, a leading innovator of technology and services that power Internet television, has announced a $9.5MM Series A financing led by Panorama Capital and two strategic investors to be disclosed in the future.
News categories: GridNetworks, Panorama Capital, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Venture Capital
Calix to Demonstrate Advanced IPTV and Internet Video Services at TelcoTV
Oct 23, 2007 – Calix will demonstrate at TelcoTV advanced new IPTV and internet video services delivered over 2.5 Gbps GPON, VDSL2, and ADSL2+ using the Calix C7 and E5 access platforms.
News categories: Calix, Broadband, Content Distribution, DVR, Fibre, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV