Digital TV News: HDR10+ Technologies
Harmonic adds HDR10+ support to its cloud streaming platform
Apr 21, 2022 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has added support for HDR10+ technology to its VOS 360 cloud streaming platform and XOS software-based advanced media processing solution. The first trial of HDR10+ on VOS360 is underway with Evoca.
News categories: Harmonic, Evoca, HDR10+ Technologies, Shahar Bar, Michael Chase, Bill Mandel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Samsung to offer screens with HDR10+ GAMING support
Dec 23, 2021 – Select 2022 4K and 8K TVs and gaming monitors from Samsung will support the new HDR10+ GAMING standard. HDR10+ GAMING gives developers the tools they need to provide gamers with a consistent HDR gaming experience without the need for manual calibration.
News categories: Samsung, NVIDIA, Seokwoo Yong, Vijay Sharma, Todd Hollenshead, Digital TV, Gaming, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
HDR10+ reveals further content, distribution and device partners
Apr 21, 2021 – HDR10+ Technologies has revealed additional HDR10+ adopters. HDR10+ is now available from over 100 different companies offering advantages in everything from professional content creation to consumer electronics.
News categories: HDR10+ Technologies, Matt Frost, Mark Ely, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
HDR10+ Technologies announces HDR10+ ADAPTIVE
Jan 5, 2021 – HDR10+ Technologies has announced the specifications for a new feature called HDR10+ ADAPTIVE, designed to optimize HDR10+ content for a more consistent viewing experience in various environments.
News categories: HDR10+ Technologies, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
HDR10+ Technologies welcomes first adopters of HDR10+ technology
Aug 29, 2018 – HDR10+ Technologies has announced the first certified products and first adopters for the HDR10+ license program. Panasonic and Samsung are also among the first to announce firmware has been deployed to select 2018 television models enabling support of HDR10+ for consumers.
News categories: HDR10+, Danny Kaye, Toshiharu Tsutsui, Bill Mandel, Denver Mishima, Park Yongbum, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Panasonic new OLED TVs support HDR10+ dynamic metadata
Jan 8, 2018 – Panasonic has announced its 2018 line up of OLED televisions. The four new models will be the first OLED screens available in 2018 which support HDR10+ dynamic metadata technology and are able to stream the Amazon Prime Video HDR10+ catalogue.
News categories: Panasonic, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung announce updates to HDR10+
Jan 5, 2018 – 20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung have announced updates to the associated certification and logo program for the open, royalty-free dynamic metadata platform for High Dynamic Range (HDR), called HDR10+ which they announced last year at IFA.
News categories: Samsung, Panasonic, 20th Century Fox, Jongsuk Chu, Toshiharu Tsutsui, Danny Kaye, Jim Wuthrich, Blu-ray, CES2023, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports