Digital TV News: Hillcrest Labs
CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
Feb 24, 2021 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA) has announced that, with LG, it has expanded licensing of its Freespace MotionEngine Smart TV software technology to include 3rd party TV brands running LG's webOS smart TV platform.
News categories: CEVA, LG Electronics, Chad Lucien, Lee Sang-woo, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
Jul 22, 2019 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA) has announced the acquisition of Hillcrest Labs from InterDigital. Hillcrest Labs is a leading global supplier of software and components for sensor processing in consumer and IoT devices.
News categories: CEVA, Hillcrest Labs, Gideon Wertheizer, Chad Lucien, MandA, UX, Worldwide
LG renews license to use Hillcrest motion technology in its remotes
Feb 20, 2019 – InterDigital (NASDAQ:IDCC) has announced that LG has extended its license to use Hillcrest Labs' Freespace MotionEngine software in its Smart TVs. Freespace MotionEngine enables the point-and-click and motion control features of the LG Magic Remote.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, LG Electronics, Chad Lucien, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Hillcrest Labs brings motion, gesture and cursor control to Skyworth smart TVs
Oct 6, 2014 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Skyworth will use Hillcrest's motion software in a line of Smart TVs. Hillcrest's software will enable motion, gesture and cursor control of content and apps on Skyworth's Android-based TVs.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Skyworth, Chad Lucien, Meng Wang, Android TV, Apps, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Hillcrest gesture control selected by Lenovo
Apr 22, 2014 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Lenovo's new line of Smart TVs is using Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control software.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Lenovo, Dan Simpkins, Xiong Wen, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Videon distributes software platform for Intel Media Server reference design
Dec 24, 2013 – Videon Central has announced a new software platform with its latest Avia Media Player supporting Chromecast, an optimized DVB solution from Futarque, Hillcrest Labs’ Freespace® motion control technology and a complete software development kit from Intel.
News categories: Videon Central, Intel Corp, Michael Daulerio, Ran Senderovitz, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor
Hillcrest motion, gesture and cursor control for Hisense smart TVs and set-tops
Sep 4, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs and Hisense have announced a strategic partnership by which Hisense will deploy Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control software in its next-generation of Smart TVs and Pulse set-top boxes.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Hisense, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Hillcrest Labs secures RDK license from Comcast
May 29, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that it is the first motion control technology provider to license the Reference Design Kit (RDK) software stack from Comcast. The RDK is a pre-integrated software bundle that creates a common framework for powering tru2way® devices.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Comcast, Cable TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Hillcrest Labs Brings Motion Control to Intel Set-Top Box Reference Kit
Mar 19, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Intel's newest reference design kit for IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) and media servers will use Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control technology.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers