Digital TV News: Hisense
Hisense ranks no. 2 globally for TV shipments in 2022
Feb 22, 2023 – Data from Omdia shows that, for the full year 2022, global shipments of Hisense TVs hit a yearly total of 24.5 million, ranking Hisense no. 2 overall in the market, with a year-on-year growth of 16.1%.
News categories: Hisense, Omdia, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Demand recovery in LCD TV panel orders is around the corner
Feb 14, 2023 – The long-awaited demand recovery in LCD TV panel orders from Korean and Chinese TV makers is around the corner according to Omdia. Omdia expects a strong rebound of 19% YoY in 2Q23 with shipments up 8% at 161.4 million units for the year.
News categories: Omdia, Deborah Yang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
Feb 6, 2023 – Tolka is the first ATSC 3.0 software vendor to power devices entering the NEXTGEN TV trademark certification process. The Tolka software stack will reside on ADTH-branded receivers planned for introduction later this year.
News categories: Pearl TV, Tolka, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, Dr. Bob Campbell, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Peripherals / Accessories, USA
SeaChange powers 'VIDAA Free' ad-supported video streaming hub
Feb 7, 2023 – VIDAA USA has launched VIDAA Free, a streaming hub of free ad-supported video available on TVs powered by the VIDAA smart TV OS. VIDAA Free is based on Xstream technology from SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC).
News categories: SeaChange, VIDAA, Chris Klimmer, Yaniv Gruenwald, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA
Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
Feb 2, 2023 – According to AVC Revo, TV shipments by Hisense in December 2022 were 2.326 million, making it number one in the global market that month. For 2022 as a whole, Hisense was second with a share of 12.06%.
News categories: Hisense, AVC Revo, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
Jan 31, 2023 – Six television stations in Boston have launched NEXTGEN TV. The stations are: WUNI (Univision; channel 27); WCVB (ABC; channel 5); WFXT (FOX; channel 25); GBH (PBS; channel 2); WBZ (CBS; channel 4) and WBTS (NBC; channel 10).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Theodore Stoner, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Smart TVs may lose support after only two years, Which? finds
Jan 13, 2023 – Expensive, high-end smart products risk losing features and functionality or posing a security risk after as little as two years because manufacturers are failing to provide vital tech updates, Which? has found.
News categories: Which?, Rocio Concha, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, UK
Initiative to further improve TV energy efficiency in N. America announced
Jan 6, 2023 – The CTA, with leading TV manufacturers, the NRDC and the ACEEE have announced a voluntary agreement aimed at significantly improving the energy efficiency of TVs sold in the United States and Canada.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, NRDC, Douglas Johnson, Joe Vukovich, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Jan 5, 2023 – Miami TV viewers can now experience the future of broadcasting as four stations join together to launch NEXTGEN TV. Viewers have available four OTA channels: WTVJ, WSCV, WFOR and WLTV. WPBT will participate as a test service.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania