Digital TV News: Hisense
rlaxx TV launches on Smart TVs in Germany and UK
Sep 8, 2020 – rlaxx TV is available in Germany and the UK on smart TVs by Blaupunkt, Hisense, Hitachi, JVC, Medion, Metz, Sharp, Telefunken, Toshiba and Vestel. The content offer is free of charge for viewers.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Ronny Lutzi, Dirk Wittenborg, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Global TV streaming device population reaches 1.1 billion
Sep 2, 2020 – The global population of TV and video streaming devices has now exceeded 1.1 billion, according to Strategy Analytics. The research finds that Samsung is the leading brand, followed by Sony, LG, Hisense, TCL and Amazon.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
44.8 million Smart TVs to be shipped to China in 2020
Aug 27, 2020 – IDC estimates that 44.8 million smart TVs will be shipped to China in 2020 – down 4.4% on last year. However, IDC believes improvements in features will grow Smart TV consumption in the country.
News categories: IDC, Sophie Pan, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Smart TV
TV panel price upswing continues in August
Aug 20, 2020 – TV panel prices have been maintaining their upswing in August, with 55" panels and 32" panels each registering price hikes of about 10%, according to TrendForce. The panel industry is projected to see a significant improvement in profitability in 3Q20.
News categories: TrendForce, Eric Chiou, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
Aug 4, 2020 – Entercom, home of RADIO.COM, has announced a partnership with Vewd to expand its smart TV footprint. With Vewd, tens of millions of smart TVs, including Sony, Philips and Hisense, will gain access to RADIO.COM.
News categories: Entercom, Vewd, David Rosenbloom, Michael Winneker, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV shipments now expected to fall only 1.7% in 2020
Jul 27, 2020 – According to TrendForce, shipments of TV brands in 2020 are expected to reach a mere 214.11 million units, a 1.7% decrease YoY, but a 4% increase from the previous forecast in March, when the outbreak’s spread was most aggressive.
News categories: TrendForce, Iris Hu, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
CBS TV stations select Alphonso for Local TV attribution
Jul 20, 2020 – Alphonso has announced that CBS Television Stations has selected Alphonso Local to provide TV attribution for local advertisers in all 17 of its owned stations across the US.
News categories: Alphonso, CBS, Ashish Chordia, Julio Marenghi, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
Jul 9, 2020 – NetRange and SonyLIV have announced that Indian users of the NetRange Smart TV App Store can now access the SonyLIV app on their Smart TVs, enabling SonyLIV to expand its consumer base in India.
News categories: NetRange, SonyLIV, Tim Schröder, Apps, India, OTT, Smart TV, UX
Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
Jul 6, 2020 – According to TrendForce, after the 2Q20 period of sluggishness due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the TV panel market has seen demand rebound quickly, resulting in a higher-than-expected spike in TV panel quotes in July.
News categories: TrendForce, Eric Chiou, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0