Digital TV News: IGLOO
Sky New Zealand reports results for 2021 financial year
Aug 25, 2021 – Sky NZ has reported results for its 2021 financial year. Sky Box customers were down 4% YoY at 561,989. Streaming customers (Neon, Lightbox, Sky Sport Now, RugbyPass and retransmission) were down 3% YoY to 393,179.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Digital TV, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
New Zealand Sky TV subscribers down 8,707 in 2H 2014
Feb 23, 2015 – New Zealand Sky Television (NZX: SKT) has reported results for the six months to 31 December 2014. Sky finished the year with 856,348 subscribers, down 8,707 subscribers compared to the end of June. MY SKY penetration increased from 58.6% to 64.2% of satellite subscribers during the year.
News categories: Sky Television, John Fellet, Middleware, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Subscribers
New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
Dec 1, 2013 – New Zealand television is now a digital-only zone after the analogue signal was switched off by Broadcasting Minister Craig Foss, marking the end of a three year campaign to ensure New Zealand households were ready for the digital transition.
News categories: Craig Foss, Digital TV, New Zealand, Terrestrial
SKY New Zealand reports results for the six months to 31 December 2012
Feb 22, 2013 – New Zealand's SKY Network Television Limited (ASX: SKT; NZX: SKT) has reported results for the six months to 31 December 2012. SKY Television ended 2012 with 827,445 DBS satellite subscribers, up from 826,125 at the end of 2011.
News categories: SKY Television, DVR, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Pace Delivers Building Blocks for Sky New Zealand's IGLOO
Jul 16, 2012 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it is providing the services and technology behind SKY New Zealand and TVNZ's new TV service, IGLOO. IGLOO will run Pace's Elements software platform on a Pace DVB-T2 DTT hybrid IP set-top box.
News categories: Pace plc, IGLOO, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Middleware, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
IGLOO Partners with Irdeto to Launch New TV Offering
Jun 20, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that IGLOO, a new television offering launched as a joint venture between SKY and TVNZ, has selected Irdeto Cloaked CA to securely deliver premium content over the new TV service.
News categories: Irdeto, IGLOO, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming, Terrestrial
Broadcom offers industry's first integrated DVB-T2 receiver SoC
Mar 19, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ:BRCM) has announced the BCM3461 - the industry's first fully integrated 40nm DVB-T2 receiver - driving the deployment of digital terrestrial services in over 28 countries throughout the world that have formally adopted the standard.
News categories: Broadcom, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, MHEG-5, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Video Exchange
Igloo - TV By Kiwis For Kiwis
Dec 7, 2011 – SKY Television and TVNZ have formed a partnership to launch a DTT service, called Igloo, in the first half of 2012. Igloo includes all of New Zealand's free to air DTT channels with an option to purchase an additional 11 Igloo channels.
News categories: Igloo, SKY Television, TVNZ, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Inuk Networks Partners with SecureMedia to Create Secure Television Experience for the PC
Sep 10, 2008 – SecureMedia and Inuk Networks have announced integration of SecureMedia's Encryptonite ONE™ System CA/DRM with Inuk's igloo virtual set-top-box software to allow customers to extend their STB-based IPTV deployments to the PC or Mac.
News categories: SecureMedia, Inuk Networks, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2022, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Streaming
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated