Digital TV News: IHS
Synaptics announces video SoCs with built-in secure AI framework
Jan 6, 2020 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced its VideoSmart VS600 family of multimedia SoCs designed with human perceptive intelligence for smart displays, smart cameras, video soundbars, set-top-boxes, voice-enabled devices and computer vision IoT products.
News categories: Synaptics, Saleel Awsare, Blake Kozak, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
US media players get on AVOD bandwagon as market revenue soars
Dec 10, 2019 – AVOD service providers in the U.S. are bracing themselves as media giants including Disney+ and Apple TV+ join the latest wave of competitors. These huge media firms are upping the ante, drawn by an increasingly lucrative market, according to IHS Markit.
News categories: IHS Markit, Sarah Henschel, Kia Ling Teoh, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
Nov 13, 2019 – Driven by rising consumer demand for broadband services, EU cable revenue rose to a record high of €24 billion in 2018, up 3% from €23.3 billion in 2017, according to the European Broadband Cable Yearbook offered by Cable Europe and IHS Markit.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
Oct 10, 2019 – With the Apple TV+ app initially addressing only about half of the total U.S. market, the service is likely to encounter limited subscriber growth compared to competitive offerings that have a wider reach, according to IHS Markit.
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
U.S.-China trade dispute makes Roku top Smart TV OS in North America
Jul 24, 2019 – According to IHS Markit, the North American TV market has increased its adoption of Smart TVs, particularly those based on the Roku TV OS. Smart TVs in 1Q 2019 accounted for 89% of TV shipments into North America, a record high for the region.
News categories: IHS Markit, Paul Gray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, North America, Smart TV
US-China trade disputes prompt TV makers to cut display panel demand
May 30, 2019 – Amid rising concerns over the intensifying trade war between the U.S. and China, South Korean and Chinese TV makers are cutting panel orders in Q2, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO). The reduction in panel demand is intended to cut inventory.
News categories: IHS Markit, Deborah Yang, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
May 22, 2019 – IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Informa (LSE: INF.L) have announced the exchange of the majority of the IHS Markit Technology, Media and Telecoms (TMT) intelligence business for Informa’s Agribusiness Intelligence group.
News categories: IHS Markit, Informa, Lance Uggla, Stephen A. Carter, MandA, Market Research, Worldwide
Semiconductor industry facing major downturn in 2019
May 7, 2019 – Conditions in the global semiconductor market have deteriorated rapidly since the start of the year, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO). The worldwide microchip industry is set to suffer a 7.4% drop in revenue this year.
News categories: IHS Markit, Myson Robles Bruce, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
U.S. home entertainment spending rises 6.4% YoY in 1Q 2019
Apr 30, 2019 – According to DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group, U.S. consumers spent $6 billion on movies and television shows for home entertainment in the first quarter of 2019. Spending rose 6.4% from the $5.7 billion consumers spent in the same period of 2018.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022