Digital TV News: IRT
5G-MAG launch puts media in the centre of 5G
Sep 13, 2019 – A 5G Media Action Group (5G-MAG) has been launched to provide a framework for all relevant stakeholders to collaborate on a market driven implementation of 5G in production and distribution of audiovisual media content and services.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, 5G-MAG, Antonio Arcidiacono, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, Worldwide
5G TODAY broadcasting field trial officially launched
May 9, 2019 – The 5G TODAY project has begun its 5G Broadcasting field trial. The project partners Bayerischer Rundfunk (BR), IRT, Kathrein, Rohde & Schwarz and Telefónica Germany are jointly testing broadcasting options for future 5G technology.
News categories: IRT, Telefónica, Rohde & Schwarz, Kathrein, Bayerischer Rundfunk, Michael Hagemeyer, Gerald Huber, Peter Riedel, Anton Kathrein, Ulrich Wilhelm, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
DVB to demonstrate hybrid media delivery at IBC2018
Sep 5, 2018 – DVB has announced that it will showcase hybrid media delivery at IBC2018. By specifying systems for seamless media delivery across all platforms and formats, including linear and on-demand, broadcast and OTT, mobile, HD and UHD, DVB ensures that the industry can deliver high-quality content to every screen.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
HbbTV and RadioDNS start HbbTV application discovery service
Nov 21, 2017 – RadioDNS and HbbTV have announced that RadioDNS has implemented support for HbbTV’s 'Application Discovery over Broadband' specification. The functionality is intended to benefit consumers that live in markets where the existing HbbTV triggers are not universally available.
News categories: RadioDNS, HbbTV Association, Nick Piggott, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Opera TV works with IRT and BBC on content insertion and media sync for HbbTV
Sep 14, 2017 – Opera TV has announced that it is the first vendor to showcase pan-European support for dynamic content insertion and media synchronization using the latest HbbTV standards. Opera TV will bring these technologies to market in 2018.
News categories: Opera TV, Institut für Rundfunktechnik, BBC, Aneesh Rajaram, Klaus Merkel, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, UX, Worldwide
SERAPHIC and IRT show HbbTV 2 technologies at IBC 2017
Sep 14, 2017 – SERAPHIC has announced a partnership with IRT to demonstrate the latest HbbTV 2 technologies including Companion Screen, Media Synchronization, TTML Subtitle, DVB DASH, etc. at IBC2017.
News categories: SERAPHIC, IRT, Ye Wang, Klaus Merkel, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, IBC2019, Worldwide
SERAPHIC and IRT show latest HbbTV 2 features at BroadcastAsia 2017
May 24, 2017 – SERAPHIC has announced that it supports the latest HbbTV 2.0.1 specification in its HbbTV solution. To demonstrate the features, SERAPHIC has partnered with IRT to showcase ARD Mediathek at BroadcastAsia 2017.
News categories: SERAPHIC, IRT, Ye Wang, Klaus Merkel, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Keepixo and IRT demonstrate CMAF at NAB 2017
Apr 19, 2017 – Keepixo and IRT have announced a complete CMAF demonstration at NAB 2017. CMAF, MPEG’s Common Media Application Format, aims at unifying the two leading OTT TV standards: Apple’s HLS and MPEG-DASH.
News categories: Keepixo, IRT, Jerome Blanc, Thomas Schierbaum, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
High-power LTE-A+ Broadcast trials start in Aosta and Paris
Apr 8, 2015 – TDF and Rai have launched the first field trials of LTE-A+ Broadcast from high-power television stations, in Paris and Aosta. The joint project involves contributions by GatesAir (USA) and is supported by IRT (Germany) and Expway (France).
News categories: GatesAir, TDF, Rai, IRT, Expway, Joseph Seccia, Olivier Huart, Vincent Grivet, Alberto Morello, Klaus Illgner-Fehns, Thierry Sergent, Ulrich Reimers, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Italy, Mobile
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware