Digital TV News: IRT
DVB-T2 pilot project launched in Berlin
Oct 6, 2014 – MEDIA BROADCAST has launched a pilot project in Berlin to test the new DVB-T2 standard. All leading TV broadcasters, relevant industry associations and many companies in the CE industry are involved as project partners.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, Ulf Heggenberger, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
IRT and BR to add HEVC to DVB-T2 testbed in Munich
Jul 10, 2014 – Germany's Institut für Rundfunktechnik (IRT) has announced that with Bayerische Rundfunk (BR) it is planning a trial of DVB-T2 broadcasting using HEVC compression. The trial is an extension of the DVB-T2 trial that the companies began in the Munich area in 2010.
News categories: Institut für Rundfunktechnik, Bayerische Rundfunk, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Terrestrial
European HbbTV accessibility project launched
Mar 19, 2014 – The HBB4All consortium has announced the start of the European project HBB4ALL (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband for All). The project addresses media accessibility for all citizens in the connected TV environment.
News categories: HBB4All, EU, HbbTV
Subjective testing confirms importance of frame rate for UHDTV
Aug 7, 2013 – The EBU's Broadcast Technology Futures (BTF) group is conducting a series of subjective tests at IRT's facilities. Early results give a clear indication that higher frame rates are appreciated by the observers, to a significantly greater extent than increased resolution.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Version 1.5 of HbbTV Specification Released
Apr 4, 2012 – The HbbTV consortium has announced the publication of version 1.5 of its hybrid TV specification. Version 1.5 of the HbbTV specification notably introduces support for HTTP adaptive streaming based on the recently published MPEG-DASH specification.
News categories: HbbTV Consortium, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
STMicroelectronics Supports Drive into Interactive Television with HbbTV Demonstrator
Sep 10, 2009 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has completed a demonstrator platform for STBs capable of receiving interactive digital television services via broadcast or broadband connections. ST's platform supports the Pan-European HbbTV initiative.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Hyperpanel, HbbTV, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues