Digital TV News: ITV
ITV Studios selects Whip Media for performance tracking
Sep 15, 2022 – Whip Media has announced that ITV Studios will utilise Whip Media’s platform for performance tracking of its popular entertainment content, including the company’s growing FAST (free ad-supported streaming TV) channels.
News categories: Whip Media, ITV Studios, Paul Hastings, Graham Haigh, Advertising, Africa, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Streaming
UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
Aug 17, 2022 – Ofcom’s fifth annual Media Nations report shows that younger adults now watch almost seven times less scheduled TV than those aged 65 and over, as the generation gap in media habits reaches a record high.
News categories: Ofcom, Ian Macrae, Broadcast, Digital TV, Market Research, TV-over-IP, UK
Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools
Jul 28, 2022 – Freeview Play viewers can now enjoy an upgraded viewing experience, after the latest update to its Explore Freeview Play TV app. The update brings new recommendation genres, and a new dedicated Box Sets area.
News categories: Freeview, Owen Jenkinson, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, UX
Together TV and Red Bee launch social purpose streaming service
May 4, 2022 – Together TV has launched its free to use streaming service with Red Bee Media. Together TV selected Red Bee Media's OTT streaming capability for its flexibility of branding, content management, video monetisation and organisation.
News categories: Red Bee, Together TV, Nowtilus, Steve Russell, Alexander Kann, Advertising, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Virgin Media O2 launches broadband streaming box
Apr 26, 2022 – Virgin Media O2 has unveiled Stream from Virgin Media, a way for its customers to bring together their favourite TV channels, video apps and streaming subscriptions all in one place via a small box powered entirely by the company's broadband.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
Freeview Play and LG agree new five-year partnership
Mar 18, 2022 – Freeview Play and LG have strengthened their partnership with a five-year agreement, meaning that all new LG TVs will come with Freeview Play built in as standard. Freeview and LG will also work together on future product updates.
News categories: Freeview Play, LG Electronics, Simon Hunt, Peter Booth, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, UX
Verimatrix selected to safeguard Alphazet streaming service
Mar 17, 2022 – Verimatrix [Paris:VMX] has announced that Alphazet Technologies has selected Verimatrix Streamkeeper DRM to securely deliver its iTV app. Featuring more than 90 TV channels, the app also offers films, series and cartoons – across numerous platforms.
News categories: Verimatrix, Alphazet Technologies, Asaf Ashkenazi, Yakhyobek Abdullaev, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Uzbekistan
ITV to introduce ITVX streaming service later this year
Mar 3, 2022 – ITV has announced the launch of ITVX - the UK’s first integrated AVOD/SVOD platform. In a change to its traditional approach, ITV will adopt a digital first windowing strategy - premiering content on ITVX and then later on ITV linear channels.
News categories: ITV, Carolyn McCall, Kevin Lygo, Rufus Radcliffe, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Shareholders conclude new YouView funding agreement
Mar 1, 2022 – ITV, the BBC, BT, Channel 4, TalkTalk and Channel 5 have agreed a new shareholders' agreement for YouView. YouView develops and maintains the software for the YouView service in the UK, currently available from BT, TalkTalk and certain Sony TVs.
News categories: ITV plc, YouView, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, UX
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
- CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
- StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
- Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
- EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
- Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
- Telekom and RTL Deutschland use 5G network slicing to broadcast live TV
- Netflix to remain SVOD world leader