Digital TV News: Igloo
Sky New Zealand reports results for 2021 financial year
Aug 25, 2021 – Sky NZ has reported results for its 2021 financial year. Sky Box customers were down 4% YoY at 561,989. Streaming customers (Neon, Lightbox, Sky Sport Now, RugbyPass and retransmission) were down 3% YoY to 393,179.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Digital TV, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
New Zealand Sky TV subscribers down 8,707 in 2H 2014
Feb 23, 2015 – New Zealand Sky Television (NZX: SKT) has reported results for the six months to 31 December 2014. Sky finished the year with 856,348 subscribers, down 8,707 subscribers compared to the end of June. MY SKY penetration increased from 58.6% to 64.2% of satellite subscribers during the year.
News categories: Sky Television, John Fellet, Middleware, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Subscribers
New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
Dec 1, 2013 – New Zealand television is now a digital-only zone after the analogue signal was switched off by Broadcasting Minister Craig Foss, marking the end of a three year campaign to ensure New Zealand households were ready for the digital transition.
News categories: Craig Foss, Digital TV, New Zealand, Terrestrial
SKY New Zealand reports results for the six months to 31 December 2012
Feb 22, 2013 – New Zealand's SKY Network Television Limited (ASX: SKT; NZX: SKT) has reported results for the six months to 31 December 2012. SKY Television ended 2012 with 827,445 DBS satellite subscribers, up from 826,125 at the end of 2011.
News categories: SKY Television, DVR, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Pace Delivers Building Blocks for Sky New Zealand's IGLOO
Jul 16, 2012 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it is providing the services and technology behind SKY New Zealand and TVNZ's new TV service, IGLOO. IGLOO will run Pace's Elements software platform on a Pace DVB-T2 DTT hybrid IP set-top box.
News categories: Pace plc, IGLOO, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Middleware, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
IGLOO Partners with Irdeto to Launch New TV Offering
Jun 20, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that IGLOO, a new television offering launched as a joint venture between SKY and TVNZ, has selected Irdeto Cloaked CA to securely deliver premium content over the new TV service.
News categories: Irdeto, IGLOO, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming, Terrestrial
Broadcom offers industry's first integrated DVB-T2 receiver SoC
Mar 19, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ:BRCM) has announced the BCM3461 - the industry's first fully integrated 40nm DVB-T2 receiver - driving the deployment of digital terrestrial services in over 28 countries throughout the world that have formally adopted the standard.
News categories: Broadcom, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, MHEG-5, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Video Exchange
Igloo - TV By Kiwis For Kiwis
Dec 7, 2011 – SKY Television and TVNZ have formed a partnership to launch a DTT service, called Igloo, in the first half of 2012. Igloo includes all of New Zealand's free to air DTT channels with an option to purchase an additional 11 Igloo channels.
News categories: Igloo, SKY Television, TVNZ, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Inuk Networks Partners with SecureMedia to Create Secure Television Experience for the PC
Sep 10, 2008 – SecureMedia and Inuk Networks have announced integration of SecureMedia's Encryptonite ONE™ System CA/DRM with Inuk's igloo virtual set-top-box software to allow customers to extend their STB-based IPTV deployments to the PC or Mac.
News categories: SecureMedia, Inuk Networks, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2022, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Streaming
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023