Digital TV News: Igloo
Sky New Zealand reports results for 2021 financial year
Aug 25, 2021 – Sky NZ has reported results for its 2021 financial year. Sky Box customers were down 4% YoY at 561,989. Streaming customers (Neon, Lightbox, Sky Sport Now, RugbyPass and retransmission) were down 3% YoY to 393,179.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Digital TV, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
New Zealand Sky TV subscribers down 8,707 in 2H 2014
Feb 23, 2015 – New Zealand Sky Television (NZX: SKT) has reported results for the six months to 31 December 2014. Sky finished the year with 856,348 subscribers, down 8,707 subscribers compared to the end of June. MY SKY penetration increased from 58.6% to 64.2% of satellite subscribers during the year.
News categories: Sky Television, John Fellet, Middleware, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Subscribers
New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
Dec 1, 2013 – New Zealand television is now a digital-only zone after the analogue signal was switched off by Broadcasting Minister Craig Foss, marking the end of a three year campaign to ensure New Zealand households were ready for the digital transition.
News categories: Craig Foss, Digital TV, New Zealand, Terrestrial
SKY New Zealand reports results for the six months to 31 December 2012
Feb 22, 2013 – New Zealand's SKY Network Television Limited (ASX: SKT; NZX: SKT) has reported results for the six months to 31 December 2012. SKY Television ended 2012 with 827,445 DBS satellite subscribers, up from 826,125 at the end of 2011.
News categories: SKY Television, DVR, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Pace Delivers Building Blocks for Sky New Zealand's IGLOO
Jul 16, 2012 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it is providing the services and technology behind SKY New Zealand and TVNZ's new TV service, IGLOO. IGLOO will run Pace's Elements software platform on a Pace DVB-T2 DTT hybrid IP set-top box.
News categories: Pace plc, IGLOO, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Middleware, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
IGLOO Partners with Irdeto to Launch New TV Offering
Jun 20, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that IGLOO, a new television offering launched as a joint venture between SKY and TVNZ, has selected Irdeto Cloaked CA to securely deliver premium content over the new TV service.
News categories: Irdeto, IGLOO, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming, Terrestrial
Broadcom offers industry's first integrated DVB-T2 receiver SoC
Mar 19, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ:BRCM) has announced the BCM3461 - the industry's first fully integrated 40nm DVB-T2 receiver - driving the deployment of digital terrestrial services in over 28 countries throughout the world that have formally adopted the standard.
News categories: Broadcom, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, MHEG-5, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Video Exchange
Igloo - TV By Kiwis For Kiwis
Dec 7, 2011 – SKY Television and TVNZ have formed a partnership to launch a DTT service, called Igloo, in the first half of 2012. Igloo includes all of New Zealand's free to air DTT channels with an option to purchase an additional 11 Igloo channels.
News categories: Igloo, SKY Television, TVNZ, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Inuk Networks Partners with SecureMedia to Create Secure Television Experience for the PC
Sep 10, 2008 – SecureMedia and Inuk Networks have announced integration of SecureMedia's Encryptonite ONE™ System CA/DRM with Inuk's igloo virtual set-top-box software to allow customers to extend their STB-based IPTV deployments to the PC or Mac.
News categories: SecureMedia, Inuk Networks, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2022, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Streaming
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers