Digital TV News: Internet Information Services
Telefónica and Microsoft to Deploy New Global Video Platform
Nov 15, 2012 – Telefónica (Madrid, NYSE: TEF) and Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) have announced an agreement to create a new Global Video Platform (GVP) for all video entertainment services across Telefónica's Operating Businesses.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, Vivek Dev, Tom Gibbons, Brazil, Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Streaming
Portugal Telecom Selects Envivio to Power Innovative Internet TV Service
May 25, 2010 – Envivio has announced that Portugal Telecom (Lisbon: PTC; NYSE: PT) has selected Envivio's Three Screens delivery platform to support the commercial rollout of MEO@PC--a complete television service for delivery to PCs.
News categories: Envivio, Portugal Telecom, Microsoft, Boris Felts, Pedro Leitao, Jonathan Usher, Content Distribution, Middleware, Portugal, Streaming
Microsoft Platform Powers Silverlight and IIS Media Experiences Across Multiple Screens
Apr 8, 2010 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced that it is working with Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) and Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) to deliver reference designs that will provide the Silverlight platform to STBs, connected TVs, Blu-ray Disc players and other CE devices.
News categories: Microsoft, Blu-ray, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Inlet Technologies to Demonstrate Live 3D HD Video Streaming with Partners at NAB
Apr 8, 2010 – Inlet Technologies has announced that it will participate in the demonstration of 3 dimensional (3D) high definition (HD) video delivery with Level 3 (NASDAQ:LVLT), Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) and THX Ltd. at NAB 2010.
News categories: Inlet Technologies, Content Distribution, Media Player, Metaverse, NABShow, Streaming
Microsoft Unites Software and Cloud Services to Power New TV Experiences
Jan 6, 2010 – At the 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) is announcing Microsoft Mediaroom 2.0, the next version of the world's most deployed Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) platform.
News categories: Microsoft, Enrique Rodriguez, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Streaming
Microsoft and Partners Help Media Companies Innovate in a Digital World
Sep 10, 2009 – At IBC, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) will reveal partner solutions for the media and entertainment industry built on Microsoft technology. Also, Mediaroom has become the most deployed IPTV software platform with nearly 4 million subscriber households.
News categories: Microsoft, IBC2023, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Streaming
Microsoft Raises the Bar for Delivery of Live HD Online Video Using HTTP
Sep 8, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced plans to release IIS Media Services 3.0, which enables delivery of interactive, HD-quality Live Smooth Streaming, along with new tools to simplify the process of delivering online experiences with Silverlight.
News categories: Microsoft Silverlight, Internet Information Services, IBC2023, Media Player, Streaming
Microsoft Smooth Streaming Provides True High-Definition Video Delivery
Apr 20, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has released Smooth Streaming, a feature of Internet Information Services (IIS) Media Services. IIS Media Services is an HTTP-based media delivery platform that includes extensions for measuring, monetizing and caching media.
News categories: IIS, Content Distribution, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework