Digital TV News: Internet Information Services
Telefónica and Microsoft to Deploy New Global Video Platform
Nov 15, 2012 – Telefónica (Madrid, NYSE: TEF) and Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) have announced an agreement to create a new Global Video Platform (GVP) for all video entertainment services across Telefónica's Operating Businesses.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, Vivek Dev, Tom Gibbons, Brazil, Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT
Portugal Telecom Selects Envivio to Power Innovative Internet TV Service
May 25, 2010 – Envivio has announced that Portugal Telecom (Lisbon: PTC; NYSE: PT) has selected Envivio's Three Screens delivery platform to support the commercial rollout of [email protected] complete television service for delivery to PCs.
News categories: Envivio, Portugal Telecom, Microsoft, Boris Felts, Pedro Leitao, Jonathan Usher, Content Distribution, Middleware, OTT, Portugal
Microsoft Platform Powers Silverlight and IIS Media Experiences Across Multiple Screens
Apr 8, 2010 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced that it is working with Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) and Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) to deliver reference designs that will provide the Silverlight platform to STBs, connected TVs, Blu-ray Disc players and other CE devices.
News categories: Microsoft, Blu-ray, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, NABShow, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Inlet Technologies to Demonstrate Live 3D HD Video Streaming with Partners at NAB
Apr 8, 2010 – Inlet Technologies has announced that it will participate in the demonstration of 3 dimensional (3D) high definition (HD) video delivery with Level 3 (NASDAQ:LVLT), Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) and THX Ltd. at NAB 2010.
News categories: Inlet Technologies, Content Distribution, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, VR
Microsoft Unites Software and Cloud Services to Power New TV Experiences
Jan 6, 2010 – At the 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) is announcing Microsoft Mediaroom 2.0, the next version of the world's most deployed Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) platform.
News categories: Microsoft, Enrique Rodriguez, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Games Console, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box
Microsoft and Partners Help Media Companies Innovate in a Digital World
Sep 10, 2009 – At IBC, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) will reveal partner solutions for the media and entertainment industry built on Microsoft technology. Also, Mediaroom has become the most deployed IPTV software platform with nearly 4 million subscriber households.
News categories: Microsoft, IBC2020, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, OTT
Microsoft Raises the Bar for Delivery of Live HD Online Video Using HTTP
Sep 8, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced plans to release IIS Media Services 3.0, which enables delivery of interactive, HD-quality Live Smooth Streaming, along with new tools to simplify the process of delivering online experiences with Silverlight.
News categories: Microsoft Silverlight, Internet Information Services, IBC2020, Media Player, OTT
Microsoft Smooth Streaming Provides True High-Definition Video Delivery
Apr 20, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has released Smooth Streaming, a feature of Internet Information Services (IIS) Media Services. IIS Media Services is an HTTP-based media delivery platform that includes extensions for measuring, monetizing and caching media.
News categories: IIS, Content Distribution, Media Player, NABShow, OTT
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding