Digital TV News: J.D. Power
Verizon begins Fios TV One rollout
Dec 11, 2018 – Verizon has begun the rollout of Fios TV One, the next level of Fios TV service with voice remote, WiFi-connected set-top boxes, 4K capability and more. The rollout across all Fios markets will be completed in January.
News categories: Verizon, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Americans love streaming TV but can't give up 'destination television'
Sep 28, 2017 – Pay-TV subscribers in the United States are growing increasingly satisfied with over-the-top streaming TV services vs. traditional cable TV, but they also are spending nearly an hour more a week watching regularly scheduled television programming than they did two years ago.
News categories: J.D. Power, Peter Cunningham, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Higher satisfaction with alternative video services motivates cord cutting
Sep 29, 2016 – Overall satisfaction with alternative video services such as streaming and transactional-based OTT offerings is considerably higher than it is with traditional pay television service, spurring an increase in cord-cutting, according to J.D. Power.
News categories: J.D. Power, Kirk Parsons, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA
Streaming video customer satisfaction highest when paired with pay TV
Aug 25, 2016 – Overall satisfaction with paid streaming video service is highest among cord stackers—customers who subscribe to a traditional cable/satellite service in addition to streaming video service—according to the J.D. Power 2016 Streaming Video Satisfaction Study.
News categories: J.D. Power, Kirk Parsons, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
SaskTel reaches 100,000 maxTV customers
Nov 8, 2013 – SaskTel has announced that it has reached 100,000 maxTV customers across the Province of Saskatchewan. SaskTel maxTV offers digital TV, Movies on Demand, Pay Per View, music channels and radio stations, as well as exclusive TV apps, unique local content, and more.
News categories: SaskTel, Don McMorris, Ron Styles, Canada, IPTV, Subscribers
J.D. Power 2012 U.S. Residential Pay-To-View Study
Jun 21, 2012 – As paid video content becomes more available via different distribution channels, tablet and wireless phone-viewing usage has increased, while PC/Mac-viewing usage has decreased from 2011, according to a J.D. Power and Associates study.
News categories: J.D. Power, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
DIRECTV Latin America Vaults Past the 10 Million Customer Mark
Jun 2, 2011 – On pace for another record-setting year of growth, DIRECTV Latin America (DTVLA), an operating unit of DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV), the world's largest pay TV service, has surged past a major milestone - its 10 millionth customer.
News categories: DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
AT&T Extends TV Watching to More Devices With Launch of U-verse TV on Xbox 360
Oct 11, 2010 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) have announced the launch of U-verse TV on Xbox 360 for U-verse customers, which lets users enjoy the U-verse TV experience on their existing Xbox 360 device, replacing the need for an extra receiver in the home.
News categories: AT&T, Microsoft, David Christopher, Andreas Mueller-Schubert, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, USA
AT&T U-verse TV Marks 2 Million Customer Milestone
Dec 9, 2009 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has announced that it has reached its 2 millionth AT&T U-verse TV customer. In the last year, AT&T has added one million customers to the award-winning TV service available to millions of homes across 22 states.
News categories: U-verse, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Subscribers, USA
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic