Digital TV News: J.D. Power
New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
Feb 25, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE: T) and TPG Capital have announced that they are to establish a new company named DIRECTV that will own and operate AT&T’s U.S. video business unit consisting of the DIRECTV, AT&T TV and U-verse video services.
News categories: AT&T, TPG Capital, Bill Morrow, John Stankey, David Trujillo, John Flynn, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Satellite, USA
Verizon begins Fios TV One rollout
Dec 11, 2018 – Verizon has begun the rollout of Fios TV One, the next level of Fios TV service with voice remote, WiFi-connected set-top boxes, 4K capability and more. The rollout across all Fios markets will be completed in January.
News categories: Verizon, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Americans love streaming TV but can't give up 'destination television'
Sep 28, 2017 – Pay-TV subscribers in the United States are growing increasingly satisfied with over-the-top streaming TV services vs. traditional cable TV, but they also are spending nearly an hour more a week watching regularly scheduled television programming than they did two years ago.
News categories: J.D. Power, Peter Cunningham, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Higher satisfaction with alternative video services motivates cord cutting
Sep 29, 2016 – Overall satisfaction with alternative video services such as streaming and transactional-based OTT offerings is considerably higher than it is with traditional pay television service, spurring an increase in cord-cutting, according to J.D. Power.
News categories: J.D. Power, Kirk Parsons, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, USA
Streaming video customer satisfaction highest when paired with pay TV
Aug 25, 2016 – Overall satisfaction with paid streaming video service is highest among cord stackers—customers who subscribe to a traditional cable/satellite service in addition to streaming video service—according to the J.D. Power 2016 Streaming Video Satisfaction Study.
News categories: J.D. Power, Kirk Parsons, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
SaskTel reaches 100,000 maxTV customers
Nov 8, 2013 – SaskTel has announced that it has reached 100,000 maxTV customers across the Province of Saskatchewan. SaskTel maxTV offers digital TV, Movies on Demand, Pay Per View, music channels and radio stations, as well as exclusive TV apps, unique local content, and more.
News categories: SaskTel, Don McMorris, Ron Styles, Canada, IPTV, Subscribers
J.D. Power 2012 U.S. Residential Pay-To-View Study
Jun 21, 2012 – As paid video content becomes more available via different distribution channels, tablet and wireless phone-viewing usage has increased, while PC/Mac-viewing usage has decreased from 2011, according to a J.D. Power and Associates study.
News categories: J.D. Power, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, USA
DIRECTV Latin America Vaults Past the 10 Million Customer Mark
Jun 2, 2011 – On pace for another record-setting year of growth, DIRECTV Latin America (DTVLA), an operating unit of DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV), the world's largest pay TV service, has surged past a major milestone - its 10 millionth customer.
News categories: DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
AT&T Extends TV Watching to More Devices With Launch of U-verse TV on Xbox 360
Oct 11, 2010 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) have announced the launch of U-verse TV on Xbox 360 for U-verse customers, which lets users enjoy the U-verse TV experience on their existing Xbox 360 device, replacing the need for an extra receiver in the home.
News categories: AT&T, Microsoft, David Christopher, Andreas Mueller-Schubert, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, USA
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report