Digital TV News: J.D. Power
New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
Feb 25, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE: T) and TPG Capital have announced that they are to establish a new company named DIRECTV that will own and operate AT&T’s U.S. video business unit consisting of the DIRECTV, AT&T TV and U-verse video services.
News categories: AT&T, TPG Capital, Bill Morrow, John Stankey, David Trujillo, John Flynn, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Satellite, USA
Verizon begins Fios TV One rollout
Dec 11, 2018 – Verizon has begun the rollout of Fios TV One, the next level of Fios TV service with voice remote, WiFi-connected set-top boxes, 4K capability and more. The rollout across all Fios markets will be completed in January.
News categories: Verizon, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Americans love streaming TV but can't give up 'destination television'
Sep 28, 2017 – Pay-TV subscribers in the United States are growing increasingly satisfied with over-the-top streaming TV services vs. traditional cable TV, but they also are spending nearly an hour more a week watching regularly scheduled television programming than they did two years ago.
News categories: J.D. Power, Peter Cunningham, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Higher satisfaction with alternative video services motivates cord cutting
Sep 29, 2016 – Overall satisfaction with alternative video services such as streaming and transactional-based OTT offerings is considerably higher than it is with traditional pay television service, spurring an increase in cord-cutting, according to J.D. Power.
News categories: J.D. Power, Kirk Parsons, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, USA
Streaming video customer satisfaction highest when paired with pay TV
Aug 25, 2016 – Overall satisfaction with paid streaming video service is highest among cord stackers—customers who subscribe to a traditional cable/satellite service in addition to streaming video service—according to the J.D. Power 2016 Streaming Video Satisfaction Study.
News categories: J.D. Power, Kirk Parsons, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
SaskTel reaches 100,000 maxTV customers
Nov 8, 2013 – SaskTel has announced that it has reached 100,000 maxTV customers across the Province of Saskatchewan. SaskTel maxTV offers digital TV, Movies on Demand, Pay Per View, music channels and radio stations, as well as exclusive TV apps, unique local content, and more.
News categories: SaskTel, Don McMorris, Ron Styles, Canada, IPTV, Subscribers
J.D. Power 2012 U.S. Residential Pay-To-View Study
Jun 21, 2012 – As paid video content becomes more available via different distribution channels, tablet and wireless phone-viewing usage has increased, while PC/Mac-viewing usage has decreased from 2011, according to a J.D. Power and Associates study.
News categories: J.D. Power, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, USA
DIRECTV Latin America Vaults Past the 10 Million Customer Mark
Jun 2, 2011 – On pace for another record-setting year of growth, DIRECTV Latin America (DTVLA), an operating unit of DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV), the world's largest pay TV service, has surged past a major milestone - its 10 millionth customer.
News categories: DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
AT&T Extends TV Watching to More Devices With Launch of U-verse TV on Xbox 360
Oct 11, 2010 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) have announced the launch of U-verse TV on Xbox 360 for U-verse customers, which lets users enjoy the U-verse TV experience on their existing Xbox 360 device, replacing the need for an extra receiver in the home.
News categories: AT&T, Microsoft, David Christopher, Andreas Mueller-Schubert, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, USA
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management