Digital TV News: LG U+
Technicolor and LG U+ roll out AV soundbar with JBL audio
Aug 26, 2021 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has joined forces with LG U+ and HARMAN’s Embedded Audio group to develop and deploy a high-end, multi-service home-entertainment platform for the South Korean market.
News categories: Technicolor, HARMAN, LG U+, Mercedes Pastor, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box
Technicolor Android TV set-top box shipments top 10 million
Mar 30, 2021 – Technicolor has announced that deployment of its Android TV set-top boxes (STBs) has now passed 10 million units. Cable, telco and other pay TV operators around the world continue to rapidly deploy Android TV STBs.
News categories: Technicolor, Mounir Toutah, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
Apr 6, 2020 – According to Futuresource, 'Super Premium VOD' continues to propel South Korea to be one of the leading transactional VOD markets in the world. The offering allows Korean customers to rent film titles as early as 4 weeks post cinema release.
News categories: Futuresource, Tristan Veale, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research, Streaming
IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
Jan 14, 2020 – South Korea’s IPTV revenue is set to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% for the period 2019-2024, according to GlobalData. The country's IPTV service revenue is expected to reach US$3.8bn with a subscriber base of 19.26 million in 2024.
News categories: GlobalData, Akash Jatwala, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Subscribers
ATEME powers VOD OTT and IPTV for Medialog
Dec 18, 2019 – ATEME has announced that Medialog, a subsidiary of LG U+, has implemented ATEME’s TITAN File solution for its VOD OTT and IPTV services. ATEME’s TITAN File is a multi-codec/multi-format file-based transcoder producing content for multiscreen delivery.
News categories: ATEME, Medialog, Boyang An, Tae Dong Lee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Streaming
Global Smart Home market to surpass $100 billion in 2019
Sep 25, 2019 – Strategy Analytics projects that consumer spending on smart home related hardware, services and installation fees will reach $103 billion in 2019 and grow to $157 billion by 2023. The company predicts that spending on devices will account for 54% of the total in 2019.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Jack Narcotta, Bill Ablondi, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Netflix integrated into the LG U+ IPTV set-top box
Nov 14, 2018 – Netflix and LG U+ have entered into a partnership to provide access to Netflix on U+tv, LG U+'s IPTV set-top box. Subscribers will be able to access the service with a push of the Netflix button on their LG U+ remote control or U+tv home menu.
News categories: Netflix, LG U+, Tony Zameczkowski, Song Gu-young, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box, Streaming
LG U+ and Huawei complete trial of live UHD IPTV over 5G FWA
Oct 27, 2017 – LG U+ and Huawei have completed a trial of the world's first live UHD IPTV over 5G FWA with a chipset based 5G millimeter-wave CPE. The trial demonstrated UHD IPTV over 5G and up to a 2Gbps capacity of Huawei’s CPE in an end-to-end 5G network.
News categories: Huawei, LG U+, Yang Chaobin, Kim Dae Hee, 5G, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Worldwide
Huawei trials 4K Ultra HD with Telkom Indonesia
Apr 7, 2016 – Huawei has announced the introduction of an end-to-end 4K Ultra HD Big Video solution and that it has conducted a trial with Telkom Indonesia. The 4K Ultra HD Video solution combines fiber optic broadband and 4K ultra HD video.
News categories: Huawei, Telkom Indonesia, Sheng Kai, Pramasaleh Hario Utomo, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, Indonesia, IPTV
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution